Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Military » China has been building hexagon al structures in the South China Sea for months. Is World War 3 on the horizon?

China has been building hexagon al structures in the South China Sea for months. Is World War 3 on the horizon?

The South China Sea could contain as much as 130 billion barrels of oil and 900 trillion cubic feet of gas . The structures are at Fiery Cross, Mischief and Subi Reef. Other countries are laying claim to what lies below but China thinks it belongs to them. What is 130 billion barrels of oil and 900 trillion cubic feet of gas worth? Is it worth going to war over?

Posted - January 21, 2017

Responses

This is a country that builds empty cities and artificial islands. They're like a giant Bond enemy. Unfortunately, they're too big and powerful now. Even movies are changed to cater to a Chinese audience, because if a movie doesn't do well in China it is a "bomb". They don't really care about their citizens and view them as automatons, so they wouldn't have any problem going to war. Their pride and "honor" also plays into it.

I think China would start an economic war before an actual war. They can cause a global depression in a day...and it was the billionaire businessmen around the world which handed them this power. This post was edited by Mr. Bromide at January 21, 2017 11:28 PM MST
      January 21, 2017 5:43 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

Trump has been stirring up crap with China for months now.  In fact, just a few days ago, Tillerson testified before congress, and China THREATENED WAR..  I don't think they do that lightly..

excon This post was edited by excon at January 21, 2017 6:05 AM MST
      January 21, 2017 6:04 AM MST

I rather think fish farms are the most likely explanation for "hexagonal structures", Ocean fishing alone just cannot supply the Chinese population adequately, and fishponds take up a lot of arable land ;-))

I am not sure what the amount of accessible Oil under Chinas territoral waters have to do with anything. I just hope they learn how to handle oil spills before they start drilling for it :-))
      January 21, 2017 6:38 AM MST

i would hope not
      January 22, 2017 9:38 PM MST