Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » The Black Death/Bubonic Plague. Killed multiple millions. Has any human been guilty of that many deaths? Can one VERY bad man do it? How?

The Black Death/Bubonic Plague. Killed multiple millions. Has any human been guilty of that many deaths? Can one VERY bad man do it? How?

Maybe by starting a nuclear war? Anything more lethal than that?

Posted - January 21, 2017

Responses

Yes and some have: Hitler (Germany) Stalin (Russia), Moa Zedong (China). 

The Bible says that in the future we will have a war that kills 1/3 of mankind (2.4 billion currently) so we will have another who will be responsible for the deaths of millions.
      January 21, 2017 7:23 AM MST

Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Monday to thee. I cannot say that your reply pleases me. But then I am certain it does not please you either! :(
      January 23, 2017 4:30 AM MST

Rev 9:15-18?

Interesting article from 1977:
    Insight on the News
    Influenza Mystery
    ● “In all history there had been no sterner, swifter visitation of death,” says “Science Digest” of the 1918 Spanish influenza epidemic. The article notes that the sixth-century plague of Justinian “supposedly claimed 100 million lives—but it endured for 50 years.” The 14th-century bubonic plague was said to have taken 62 million lives world wide, but it lasted for three years. However, though the first world war “had killed over 21 million people in four years of dogged conflict,” observes “Science Digest,” “the influenza epidemic took approximately the same toll in about four months.”
    The magazine marvels: “With an irony that surpasses man’s understanding, the plague faded almost simultaneously with the ending of the Great War. . . . Why it began, why it ended, where it went, no one knows to this day.”
    Yet many students of Bible prophecy know that Jesus Christ had predicted just such events to mark the beginning of the end of this present system of things. Adding to his prophecy that “nation will make war upon nation, kingdom upon kingdom,” Jesus said that there would be “famines and PLAGUES in many places,” heralding the “end of the age.”—Luke 21:7-11; Matt. 24:3-8, “New English Bible.”
      January 24, 2017 1:32 PM MST

Rev 9

The Sixth Trumpet Brings the Second Terror

13Then the sixth angel blew his trumpet, and I heard a voice speaking from the four horns of the gold altar that stands in the presence of God.14And the voice said to the sixth angel who held the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great Euphrates River.” 15Then the four angels who had been prepared for this hour and day and month and year were turned loose to kill one-third of all the people on earth. 16I heard the size of their army, which was 200 million mounted troops.

17And in my vision, I saw the horses and the riders sitting on them. The riders wore armor that was fiery red and dark blue and yellow. The horses had heads like lions, and fire and smoke and burning sulfur billowed from their mouths. 18One-third of all the people on earth were killed by these three plagues—by the fire and smoke and burning sulfur that came from the mouths of the horses. 

This post was edited by my2cents at January 24, 2017 3:15 PM MST
      January 24, 2017 3:12 PM MST

hitler has done it
      January 22, 2017 9:21 PM MST

Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Monday! :)
      January 23, 2017 4:31 AM MST

So many, many times. 

Any idiot who had a name with The Conqueror attached for starters.

Attilla the Hun.

Stalin

Mao

and a cast of thousands.

Come you masters of war
    You that build the big guns
    You that build the death planes
    You that build all the bombs
    You that hide behind walls
    You that hide behind desks
    I just want you to know
    I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
    But build to destroy
    You play with my world
    Like it's your little toy
    You put a gun in my hand
    And you hide from my eyes
    And you turn and run farther
    When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
    You lie and deceive
    A world war can be won
    You want me to believe
    But I see through your eyes
    And I see through your brain
    Like I see through the water
    That runs down my drain

You fasten all the triggers
    For the others to fire
    And then you set back and watch
    When the death count gets higher
    You hide in your mansion
    All young people's blood
    Flows out of their bodies
    And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear

image: http://static.urx.io/units/web/urx-unit-loader.gif

That can ever be hurled
    Fear to bring children
    Into the world
    Above threatening my baby
    Unborn and unnamed
    You ain't worth the blood
    That runs in your veins

How much do I know?
    And to talk out of turn
    You might say that, I'm young
    You might say, I'm unlearned
    But there's one thing I know
    Though I'm younger than you
    That even Jesus would never
    Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
    Is your money that good?
    Oh, will it buy you forgiveness?
    Do you think that it could?
    I think you will find
    When your death takes its toll
    All the money you made
    Won't ever buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
    And your death will come soon
    I'll follow your casket
    On a pale afternoon
    And I'll watch while you're lowered
    Down to your deathbed
    And I'll stand over your grave
    Till I'm sure that you're dead
    Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/bob-dylan/masters-of-war-lyrics/#IFvHx0iLUSDFth1P.99 This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 23, 2017 4:31 AM MST
      January 22, 2017 9:25 PM MST

Think The Donald will be among them Sharonna? Will he take his rightful place among the murderers of humankind? Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Monday! :)
      January 23, 2017 4:33 AM MST

Right here, today, in the United States, using sanctioned legal medical brutality millions have been put to death.
      January 23, 2017 2:46 AM MST

Of course your reply requires a response asking for clarification. I don't know what you mean. Are you talking about executions? Millions? Or are you talking about something else. Please explain. Perhaps I should be able to read between the lines and understand your point but I don't. Apologies. Thank you for your reply Ancient One and Happy Monday! :)
      January 23, 2017 4:35 AM MST