Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Dya wanna be a big fish in a big pond. a big fish in a small pond, a small fish in a big/small pond or is your wish to not be a fish? Why?

Dya wanna be a big fish in a big pond. a big fish in a small pond, a small fish in a big/small pond or is your wish to not be a fish? Why?

Posted - January 21, 2017

Responses

not to be a fish, it sounds boring, id rather be a human
      January 22, 2017 9:16 PM MST

Thank you for your reply pearl! :)
      January 23, 2017 5:33 AM MST

I would like to be the largest predatory fish in the ocean. Why? Because it's an apex predator. Magnificent, beautiful fish. 

Rosie, I give to you...Carcharodon carcharias.

January 22, 2017 9:22 PM MST

Never heard of it righty! I looked it up in the Webster's Unabridged dictionary and couldn't find it. I guess I will  Google it. Funny though I have never thought of you as a predator, wet or dry! Maybe a dolphin. They are  very intelligent and have their own sonar system and I humans found a way to communicate with them. Doesn't dolphin seem more appealing to you?  Or how about that adorable cartoon fish Nemo?  Adorable is good isn't it? Apex predator is different from any other kind? I'll come back to this thread after I look it up righty if I have any other questions. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      January 23, 2017 5:53 AM MST

Okey dokey righty I'm back! So you have 3000 teeth, live as long as 70 years and can weigh up to 4300 lbs. You are known as the GREAT WHITE SHARK among other things . Your only known natural predator is the killer whale (bet it doesn't have 3000 teeth). I'm gonna tell ya more that you already know.

Kingdom Animalia
    Phylum   Chordata
    Class      Chondrichthyes
    Order      Lamniformus
    Family     Lamnidae
    Genus     Carcharodon
    Species   Carcharias

Wow. That's a lot to take on righty! Thanks for the stroll through an area I did not know! :)
      January 23, 2017 6:07 AM MST

Yes, you got it! :)

It's wonderful learning about the great white. They've been around since prehistoric times. The saddest part is that they're now endangered. But, yes, dolphins are great, too. And so is the Orca (Killer Whale). Extremely intelligent. That's why it always comes out on top when it fights the great white. For some reason, they know that a shark goes into a trance when they're upside down. So the killer whale will ram the shark side-on, and then flip it, and will hold it upside down so it becomes immobile. Then it will kill it very easily while it's in a vegetative state. 
      January 23, 2017 11:58 AM MST