Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The Donald is getting very churchy. For show or because he knows he bit off more than he can chew and he prays that God will save him?

The Donald is getting very churchy. For show or because he knows he bit off more than he can chew and he prays that God will save him?

Posted - January 21, 2017

Responses

• Oh, I don't know, I kinda like the idea of the Almighty being invited to the opening of a new administration. Especially at a time when Christians are persecuted at home and abroad. One of the cornerstones of civilization is the practice of faith. (Along with language, government structure and creative expression) It's been treated as passe for much too long. We can take it out of mothballs and don the appearance of civilization, whether we are or not.
      January 21, 2017 8:19 AM MST

Trump wants to learn how to be more like God. Anyone who does not believe in him must be an atheist and should be smited.
      January 21, 2017 8:32 AM MST

Actually he is following American tradition. Both services he has attended are in fact a tradition since Washington and Madison.
    I know that flies in the face of those who love to claim America was founded as a secular government. It is not true. The first official act of Congress was to appoint a Chaplin to lead Congress in prayer at the start of session daily. This still continues now.
      January 21, 2017 8:58 AM MST

Oh that is a well known fact in Bible-thumping circles. 
      January 21, 2017 3:42 PM MST

it might not be for show
      January 22, 2017 9:15 PM MST