Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Politics » WOW God Bless Senator McCain. He is blasting Trump for not agreeing with Russia getting sanctions.

WOW God Bless Senator McCain. He is blasting Trump for not agreeing with Russia getting sanctions.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/john-mccain-lindsey-graham-russia-hacking-congress-233003

Posted - January 21, 2017

Responses

McCain is not happy about a lot right now.  He has always spoken his mind, which I like.
      January 21, 2017 10:27 PM MST

• Based on a few recent events I believe McCain is gonna be Trump's biggest thorn.  McCain has for the most part been a pretty level headed chap and I believe he still feels the burn from royally  screwing up his nomination and tainting his name with Palin.   He sees through Trump's BS and he has a legacy to redeem. He's old and towards the end so  has little to lose trying to fix his party.
      January 21, 2017 10:32 PM MST

• I thought at the time Palin was a strange running mate. She didn't do anything to help his campaign. 
      January 22, 2017 2:25 AM MST

• It was.  I'm not an insider so it's just speculation, but I kinda think McCain was a victim of his age and being a tad out of touch with it all.   Her dim-witted nature aside she was pretty different in all aspects to McCain's previous track records.    I think party insiders talked him into her being a figure to make him seem less of a relic and increase his appeal.  Basically I think he took advice from the wrong voices and payed dearly for it.   Before Palin he was pretty well respected as a whole by members and voters of both parties.
      January 22, 2017 8:06 AM MST

• OK trying to find reasons for optimism in a very sad big picture... so yea it's at least a glimmer.. I have to believe you guys can make this ok.. a few good men and all that... may make a difference
      January 22, 2017 2:49 AM MST