Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » I say YOOGE crowds of protesters brought down LBJ, Nixon, ENDED the Vietnam war, and pose a THREAT to Trump..

I say YOOGE crowds of protesters brought down LBJ, Nixon, ENDED the Vietnam war, and pose a THREAT to Trump..

Hello:

Right wingers say, get over it..  It means NOTHING.  Trump won..

excon

Posted - January 22, 2017

Responses

power within the people
      January 22, 2017 8:35 AM MST

A huge crowd may bring down Trump. In four years.
      January 22, 2017 9:05 AM MST

OK, but what are they protesting now? Trump hasn't done anything but be elected and inaugurated. If it's still about the outcome, all they're doing is throwing a group temper tantrum. The Vietnam War was a tangible event. Why don't people wait until he actually, you know, does something? 
      January 22, 2017 9:06 AM MST

He's signing executive orders now to halt ObamaCare and stop impending regulations. Many of which are dear to Liberals. That's a start. This post was edited by O-uknow at January 22, 2017 11:09 AM MST
      January 22, 2017 9:11 AM MST

Hello Stu:

He hasn't???  Oh, contrare, my friend.. The FIRST thing he DID, is sign an Executive Order starting the repeal of Obamacare..  Isn't that enough???  How many things must he do before we complain??  Why can't we complain about the things he's GOING to do??? 

excon This post was edited by excon at January 22, 2017 9:40 AM MST
      January 22, 2017 9:14 AM MST

Nothing in the EO changes the ACA in any way.  In fact he specifies his order be implemented "to the maximum extent permitted by law."  Repeal or changes to the law must originate in Congress.  
      January 22, 2017 9:42 AM MST

Hello B:

I agree.  It changes NOTHING..  It STARTS the change, which is what I said..  But, WITHOUT changing anything, STARTING the change is meaningless.  It make NO more sense than ANY of the things he says.

excon
      January 22, 2017 9:47 AM MST

His order does not start the repeal of the ACA.  Again, that must originate in Congress.  

He is ordering his administration to change how the law is applied.  Something he could easily have done by simply issuing orders to the heads of departments, especially once his appointees are in place.  The EO does nothing more than that except bring it to the attention of the public.  Some might look upon that as "transparency".
      January 22, 2017 9:58 AM MST

Why don't people complain about what he's going to do? Maybe because we don't know specifically what that will be. You're really just talking about speculative whining.
      January 22, 2017 3:07 PM MST

• Stu, you make a lot of sense. But I hope you realize that you're spitting into the wind. The key here is your reference to Trump having done nothing but be elected and inaugurated. It was a legal and orderly transfer of power under the constitution. We have far too many people who like to shout and scream and take to the streets over their "constitutional rights" and in the next breath advocate the dismantling of a lawful act carried out under the same rule of law they love to wrap themselves in. 
      January 22, 2017 9:24 AM MST

A try to intimidate and obstruct a free press is worth a protest, no?
      January 22, 2017 9:25 AM MST

What specific action does that entail? Are you talking about rhetoric or an actual thing? This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at January 22, 2017 3:00 PM MST
      January 22, 2017 9:48 AM MST

Methink it worth a protest, two or more.
      January 22, 2017 8:44 PM MST

Yus.
      January 23, 2017 12:11 AM MST

I don't think people understand how impeachment works. Many of them seem to think if they don't like him they can get him impeached simply by screaming and protesting, it's not that easy. First he has to screw up big time, he should take care of that himself. Then we get stuck with Pence..
      January 22, 2017 7:08 PM MST