Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How much do you sleep?

How much do you sleep?

I sleep for aprox three hours a day for about three or four days. Then I crash for ten or twelve.

You?

Posted - January 23, 2017

Responses

• I try to get at least 6 hours a day when I can. But sometimes when I'm testing a game that needs to be put in production? I'll stay up all night helping to tweak bugs and glitches and forget all about the time.
      January 23, 2017 8:44 AM MST

• Six hours! That's pretty good
    I'd need some kind of pill if I wanted to sleep that long every day. But then I'd feel like a zombie the next day. 
    Thanks Mr R
      January 23, 2017 8:48 AM MST

• That's if I'm lucky!
      January 23, 2017 8:51 AM MST

• Being a parent, I'm lucky I get 5 hours of sleep a night. That's why I'm happy most of mine have either day care or school during the day so I can take a nap the days I'm not working. 
      January 23, 2017 8:55 AM MST

• Are your kids still little, J?
      January 23, 2017 9:30 AM MST

• Our eldest is 8 and our youngest is 3, they're still pretty young, and we're expecting another child in March so, I'm trying my hardest to get more sleep in before he gets here.
      January 23, 2017 9:37 AM MST

• Oh wow!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    Are you happy? 
      January 23, 2017 9:53 AM MST

• I'm excited, it's just a lot of work and a huge balancing act, for both my wife and I, that's why I'm so grateful for our families helping. 
      January 23, 2017 9:54 AM MST

• Good for you Jeph. 
    I have to admit, I am not much of a baby's person. I understand the whole precious new life and all, but I tip my hat to you for being excited.
    Congratulations again, J.
    Good luck!!
      January 23, 2017 10:03 AM MST

I get between 6-7 hrs nightly. 
      January 23, 2017 8:59 AM MST

• Don't they say we are supposed to get at least eight? I wonder if that's just some made up number, 
    Six hours straight every night! No interruptions?
      January 23, 2017 9:33 AM MST

I think it verys from person to person but the average need is eight. 
      January 25, 2017 4:16 AM MST

I wear  Fitbit and over the last year I have averaged 5 hours and 20 minutes a night. Last night I did sleep for 7.5 hours, but that is only because I took a muscle relaxer before bed.
      January 23, 2017 9:02 AM MST

• With my sleep issues I've tried everything and I have to say that muscle relaxers are my least desired fix. They leave me groggy and grouchy the next day for at least two or three hours after I get up. Sorta like an " I hate the world " feeling. Thanks Gator.
      January 23, 2017 9:36 AM MST

Honestly, I only take half a pill or I am useless much of the next day. But I get weather related headaches and with the storms last night I had to do something to knock myself out. We were under tornado warnings from 7:30 until 9:00. (The watch was from 4:00 until 10:00) Thankfully nothing touched down, but my head was ready to explode. So a muscle relaxer and 3 ibuprofen finally got it down to a low enough roar that I got to sleep around midnight. If I didn't  have so much to do today, I would have taken the other half of the pill.   
      January 23, 2017 10:37 AM MST

Maybe 9 hours, but can get by just fine on 5 or 6.
      January 23, 2017 9:05 AM MST

• That's pretty good, I don't think I've ever slept that much on the regular. Maybe when I was a baby. Thanks Z.
      January 23, 2017 9:38 AM MST

I go to bed somewhere around noon then wake up sometime before 8pm. Depends on how tired I am, sometimes I go to bed immediately after returning home from work in the early morning.
      January 23, 2017 9:26 AM MST

• Oh man, evening shift. That is definitely a killer. I have problems shutting my brain down you know? Especially after work. Unless it's been too many days, then it shuts down on its own. )
    Thanks Patchouli.
      January 23, 2017 9:42 AM MST

I use sleeping meds because otherwise I won't get much sleep.
      January 23, 2017 9:45 AM MST

• Sorry to hear that, P. Im not criticizing you. I am the same. 
      January 23, 2017 9:47 AM MST

• Interesting how different people's sleep duration and patterns are.  I am an 8 hours a day person.. and on top of that I nap when i can... I seem to meet a lot of sleep, well see having such a sharp mind is very tiring :P

It's always seemed a waste of time tho to me.. just think of all the things I could be doing..... 
      January 23, 2017 9:30 AM MST

• Eight hours a day plus naps!?
    What are you, an infant??  ;)
    I know what you mean. I always thought it would be nice if I never had to go to the bathroom, eat, or sleep.
    Then I could relax and do nothing longer. )
    Thanks Day.
      January 23, 2017 9:45 AM MST

• I sleep for 7 hours on average. Sometimes it's less if I go to bed late and sometimes it's more on weekends. 
      January 23, 2017 9:52 AM MST