Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Let's say our WORST fears are true, that Putin DID put Trump in office, and we've been taken over by the Russians.. What do we DO about it?

Let's say our WORST fears are true, that Putin DID put Trump in office, and we've been taken over by the Russians.. What do we DO about it?

Hello:

Look..  Indulge me for a minute..    It SOUNDS like a spy novel to me too, so if you can't make that leap, just PRETEND it's true.  What should we do?

excon

Posted - January 23, 2017

Responses

Well, there's nothing we can really do but say "oh well" and go about our life. Really, what can we do?
      January 23, 2017 10:54 AM MST

Hello P:

Years ago, I took an oath to protect this country from all enemies, foreign and domestic..  That oath doesn't expire.  We can do something..  I just don't know what..  That's why I'm gathering intelligence..

excon
      January 23, 2017 11:12 AM MST

If that really happened, which I think it has been going on since the  early sixties and has been progressing since. it would have to be stopped with getting the democrats out of office with their liberal ideas. They have systematically disrupted our way of life by creating havoc all over the place as we are witnessing today.I also took the oath.how did Obama do with the oath he took?? 
      January 23, 2017 2:12 PM MST

• I'd say that Red Dawn had it right the first time.
      January 23, 2017 10:58 AM MST

• What do you mean "pretend"?
    I think it would be harder to pretend it didn't happen. 
      January 23, 2017 10:59 AM MST

I would brush up on my Russian language. Or pretend to be Canadian. Shalom Tovarisch, eh. This post was edited by Element 99 at January 23, 2017 11:23 AM MST
      January 23, 2017 11:09 AM MST

If the Russians were to try take over, we have our second amendment rights to protect our freedoms.
      January 23, 2017 11:36 AM MST

I'm sure they DID and I really don't know.  Putin and Trump?   They think they hold all the cards.  They just might be right.  They hold multiple billions of dollars together.   Trump knows the art of the deal and Putin would NEVER say no to this offer.    The merging of two sociopaths. And do you know how it was done?    By our leave.   We let this happen.  All Trump had to do was observe.   As it has been noted, he is a master at the art of selling.  

We already displayed our ability to turn a blind eye when Bush got elected and re-elected.   This had to be easy pickings for TWO multiple billionaires.

Money buys anything if you have way more than anyone else.  Even a presidency.

This is is setting a new precedent in History.  When a President is a traitor and sells out a nation?  I think death is too good for him.  I really do. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 23, 2017 3:54 PM MST
      January 23, 2017 11:39 AM MST

Russian politicians take orders from international bankers, same as all the other countries, so it doesn't matter much. It's all just grandstanding.
      January 23, 2017 1:05 PM MST

If they be buddies as you suggest, perhaps it is good to have a comrade against military threats such as China and N. Korea. 
      January 23, 2017 1:06 PM MST

• Aren't Russia and China friendly?
      January 23, 2017 3:55 PM MST

Well that means we would probably be getting a big wave of Russian immigrants who are coming for a better life, right? Sooooooooooo, that would mean plenty of hot, single blond chicks, too. 

January 23, 2017 2:37 PM MST

• And big hairy Russian mafia types - oh yummy :P
      January 23, 2017 3:56 PM MST

Yeah, Just where is Matt Helm or maybe Derek Flint when you really need them?
      January 23, 2017 3:16 PM MST