Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you eat Gas Station (Petrol) food?

Do you eat Gas Station (Petrol) food?

Yes! 
The fatter, juicier, crisper, greasier, the better. 

What is your on the road favorite fast food. 

Burgers?  Pizza? Tacos? Hot Dogs? Chicken? Subs? 

Sausage Rolls?!?!?!

Posted - January 23, 2017

Responses

I like the breakfast sausage, egg and cheese biscuit sandwiches.
      January 23, 2017 11:07 AM MST

• Yes, yes, good choice!  )
      January 23, 2017 11:13 AM MST

• Very rarely! I might eat Pizza once in a while but that's about it! That crap clogs your arteries!
      January 23, 2017 12:18 PM MST

• You're right, Mr Rooster, you're right on that one.

January 23, 2017 6:44 PM MST

• Usually not, most of their food has been there for awhile, and, nah. 
      January 23, 2017 12:58 PM MST

• Ha, I know right.
      January 23, 2017 6:44 PM MST

• Haha well, once you get food poisoning going back sounds scary. 
      January 23, 2017 6:56 PM MST

• Yes sir
    That would definitely be negative reinforcement right there.
      January 23, 2017 8:51 PM MST

I once saw an old wino walk up to a petrol pump and DRINK THE GASOLINE that was left in the nozzle! He drank from all 4 nozzles. THEN he went around back and swigged from all the old beer bottles and cans! Don't know what happened to him because he walked on down the railroad tracks. The station cashier said the wino did that all the time! 
      January 23, 2017 1:00 PM MST

• I think that even I have my standards. I draw the line at the walking down the railroad track part. )
    Thanks BH, I too, wonder what happened to him.
      January 23, 2017 6:47 PM MST

I don't often eat fast food.  I do sometimes stop at a Burger King for a plain burger with some ketchup when I'm driving down to PA.
      January 23, 2017 1:49 PM MST

• You know?, that's usually where I go if in the mood for a burger.
    Do you not think they are making them smaller? 
    I sort of noticed that the other day.
      January 23, 2017 6:49 PM MST

To be honest, I didn't notice they were smaller as I don't usually buy them anywhere other than on the Turnpike.  It's enough to stave off hunge, so it's enough for me.
      January 24, 2017 1:55 PM MST

• I used to only eat Burger King when I did. I will usually eat something constantly until I get sick of it. So I didn't eat there for a couple of years. When I did I could swear it is smaller. Haven't done any pepper research, tho. But im almost sure they did.  )
      January 24, 2017 2:06 PM MST

I don't doubt you're right.  There's no way they can keep their prices so low and still give you a big burger.
      January 24, 2017 2:36 PM MST

No, but I might as well. I eat everything else that's pretty much terrible for you. 
      January 23, 2017 2:59 PM MST

• That's pretty much my philosophy, Righty1. 
    I know It is the wrong one health wise but what are you gonna do.
    Thanks.
      January 23, 2017 6:51 PM MST

• When travelling? Sure, and I enjoy it. Other than that, I rarely even use a fast food outlet. 

One time we stopped somewhere on the north coast and while Mrs Didge went looking for a loo I bought lunch. By the time she sat down with me I was already eating and said, "Watch out for that salt shaker. It comes out fast." She said, "That's not salt, it's sugar." Sweetest chips I ever ate. 
      January 23, 2017 4:29 PM MST

• That's funny, 
    Thanks for writing D.
      January 23, 2017 6:53 PM MST

Well, these days some of the best "fast food" is to be had at some of those filling stations. I seem to remember reading somewhere that WAWA, a convenience store/filling station chain in the mid-Atlantic region of the US, has been judged to have the third best sub sandwiches in the US. And they are excellent, quickly made to order while you wait. Their coffee is pretty darned good too.
      January 23, 2017 4:39 PM MST

• Im sure you are right Salt. Although I admit that good food is not what im particularly looking for when I go into one of those places. )
    Too bad they are not around here. I'd have liked to try them.

January 23, 2017 6:56 PM MST

Casey's has good pizza. 
      January 23, 2017 7:40 PM MST

• Who you telling?
    I.know right??!!
      January 24, 2017 1:59 PM MST

• I knew the dreaded sausauge roll would come up again, as no doubt it does for its consumers.

Is that stuff in every gas station??
    So you fill your petrol tank and with petrol and then pootle in to pay and you come out with that? Because ... 

Why? )
      January 23, 2017 11:12 PM MST