Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » Have you ever watched a fashion parade? What was your reaction?

Have you ever watched a fashion parade? What was your reaction?

Posted - January 23, 2017

Responses

Well, yes. In 1970 money was flowing freely and somebody sponsored a fashion do at a local restaurant where I happened to be eating lunch. The girls danced around the tables, one at a time, reciting their own descriptions and leaving a business card on the table. I wondered what that was supposed to accomplish, since lunch does not usually go with clothing commercials.
      January 23, 2017 8:46 PM MST

• That's certainly different. From a normal crowd of diners they couldn't really expect much advantage. Maybe they were just rehearsing for another show. 
      January 23, 2017 9:02 PM MST

I believe you are referring to what we call a fashion show in the US. and I have been a small local one. I only went because my niece was one of the models. I used to work in a department and anytime a local group would do a show we would lend clothes. So I have worked with a few groups and models helping them pick out and accessorize their outfits.  Honestly I don't care enough about fashion to go to a big show, even if I had the money for the top designers. Besides they don't make clothes that fit me. I actually have curves.  
      January 23, 2017 9:00 PM MST

• Sorry, Gator, you're right. Same beast, different names. You're right about the curves. They don't seem to want to design for regular women. Shame that. 

Do you remember, or have you read about, what they called "heroin chic"? It didn't last long and had to be the most disgusting trend they ever tried to foist onto women.
      January 23, 2017 9:04 PM MST

I do remember that. I believe that is when Kate Moss was on top of her career. Way too thin, and smudged makeup. Ugh!
      January 23, 2017 9:34 PM MST

• Appalling. I think it was back in the 1980s. 
      January 23, 2017 9:39 PM MST

• My high school had a Senior Fashion Show. I didn't choose to participate but I went to see it and it was a great night. 
      January 23, 2017 11:53 PM MST

• It might be surprising but a high school fashion show can be far more entertaining than the professional job. Glad uou enjoyed it. 
      January 24, 2017 1:52 AM MST

Nice lassies, but unlikely anyone I know would be seen dead in any of their outfits.
      January 25, 2017 10:15 AM MST

• I've never quite understood why the TV channels make such a fuss of them. Sure, they get the designer plenty of puiblicity, but for the most part the designs shown by the models are NOT the sort of thing anybody would want to wear in public.
      January 25, 2017 2:44 PM MST

I like watching fashion parades with lovely models with great figures, I also like watching Women modelling Lingerie especially very skimp lingerie.
      January 31, 2017 7:46 AM MST

• The problem is that so often fashion parades use models who look like toothpicks. I prefer women who look like women. :) 
      February 1, 2017 3:00 PM MST

• The idea is to look at the outfit ... not the model! :)
      February 1, 2017 3:02 PM MST

• Well, if you wanta go all puritanical about it... :(

And speaking of puritans there's a little couplet that goes like this:
    The puritan through life's sweet garden goes
    To pluck the thorn but throw away the rose.

I could adapt it to:
    Old Didge, to many a fashion showing goes,
    To watch the girls and disregard the clothes.

February 1, 2017 3:31 PM MST

• That's what Strip Clubs are for!
      February 1, 2017 3:51 PM MST

• "Not in person." Just in movies, new clips, TV, etc.  
                Reaction?  Most of the time ...
    "They're not really going to wear that in public, are they!?"
      February 1, 2017 3:00 PM MST