Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The Republicans and Democrats are fighting like kids while we all pay for it. Why are we not fighting them instead of each other?

The Republicans and Democrats are fighting like kids while we all pay for it. Why are we not fighting them instead of each other?

Posted - January 25, 2017

Responses

But, who's "them"?
      January 25, 2017 2:39 PM MST

Republicans and Democrats

January 25, 2017 2:44 PM MST

It's their job to fight for us. Plus there isn't enough people with the balls to physically go up against the parties. These marches aren't going to do sh!t. 
      January 25, 2017 2:47 PM MST

Yea. I came to that conclusion myself. Chump just ignores it all and that's all he really needs to do. Fight for us you say? They are fighting for themselves.
      January 25, 2017 2:52 PM MST

• Not Again!
      January 25, 2017 2:48 PM MST

One can only hope Rooster.
      January 25, 2017 2:53 PM MST

• It can't be!
      January 25, 2017 2:54 PM MST

• "Democrats never agree on anything, that's why they're Democrats. If they agreed with each other, they'd be Republicans." .... Will Rogers
      January 25, 2017 2:51 PM MST

Great quote Alf.  I've always loved Will Rogers.
      January 25, 2017 3:21 PM MST

• Me too, Harry.
      January 25, 2017 3:34 PM MST

He also said that he wasn't a member of any organized political party, that he was a Democrat.

and he said that he never met a man that he didn't like. 

We need people like him today.
      January 25, 2017 4:01 PM MST

• Indeed.
      January 25, 2017 4:06 PM MST

The exact quote (which I love btw) is:  I belong to no organized party.  I am a Democrat.

Another good one:  Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
      January 25, 2017 4:07 PM MST

• My favorite ... He said, "In 1789, Alexander Hamilton started the U.S. Treasury Department with nothing and that's the closest it's been to even ever since."
      January 26, 2017 2:11 PM MST

Haha!  I don't remember that one.  Thanks Alf!
      January 26, 2017 2:20 PM MST

Dear Zack,

If we fight them?   We ARE fighting each other.
      January 25, 2017 2:51 PM MST

HEY WAIT!!Stop confusing me.
      January 25, 2017 2:54 PM MST

We are fighting in the first place because they are Republicans and we are Democrats.  Or vice-versa.  So, that fact alone, makes us fighting each other already.
      January 25, 2017 4:10 PM MST

• From this side of the Pacific it's hard to fathom the degree of venom in US politics. Sure, we have a great divide between Left and Right but it's normally expressed without the Dem/GOP degree of malice. There have been exceptions, of course, and in 2005 a conservative state premier was so badly hounded by the extremist right of his own party that he attempted to take his own life. 

In terms of your question, Zack, I don't know how the ordinary voter can fight your system. The poison is set so deep that there's no point threatening to switch votes, or not to vote at all. The hatred is going to persist. 

January 25, 2017 2:53 PM MST

• Same here Mr D, our politicians might be a bunch of t*****s at times but they do pretty much behave civilly to each other and to be honest almost no one would vote for someone who behaved in such a petty, childish, obnoxious and unintelligent way as Trump has, so it would never happen. However, to be fair too to the US this Pres is worse than anything that has ever been seen, a phenomenon and not a good one.. and worse it seems 2/3rds didn't vote for him.. so I do think the ones fighting do have a valid cause.. you cannot just let this one ride.. Bush, for instance was an idiot, a buffoon, an object of derision round the world, but he was relatively harmless in the scheme of things... Trump is, I am afraid dangerous, on many fronts
      January 25, 2017 3:23 PM MST

• Yeah, he's a sick joke, but don't forget that he won only because the Dems couldn't field a candidate with more credibility than Clinton. She was the best friend he had. 

The jokes have been circulating around the world since he won and even Angela Merkel had a laugh about his "alternative facts". I don't see anyway he can survive four years but who knows? 
      January 25, 2017 3:33 PM MST

such a circus
    this is what we have for four years?
    hooray hooray 
    three million illegal voters
    and they all voted for TRUMP
    oh dear..hahaha that really would be a hoot.
    Build a wall 
    there is already a wall
    build a bigger wall
    they just get a bigger ladder
    Billions of dollars
    and all they do is tunnel under
    total waste of taxpayers money.
    what if they use drones?

January 25, 2017 3:30 PM MST

Zack, with anger increasing since 2001, we might very well be on the precipice of another party gaining traction.  Libertarian?  Independent? Constitution?  Our history shows party disruption and changes.  In some ways, we have entered new territory, in other ways, what is happening is very reminiscent of the Know Nothing Party (The American Party) which was anti-immigration and existed prior to the Civil War. 

For anyone who isn't familiar with that chapter in U.S. History and wants to read a little about it, here is an abridged version: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Know-Nothing-party
      January 25, 2017 3:54 PM MST

Good post. Interesting that the Know Nothing Party was anti-Catholic and anti-Irish. It soon disappeared as the Irish moved into the mainstream of American life. Much like the Trumpites, that hopefully, will turn out to be just a passing bleep on the radar. 
      January 25, 2017 4:19 PM MST