Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Ever get up in the morning and say to heck with coffee and just grab a beer instead? Especially when out camping?

Ever get up in the morning and say to heck with coffee and just grab a beer instead? Especially when out camping?

Posted - January 28, 2017

Responses

When I was young, absolutely.  Not camping, just normal behavior for me and my friends after a wild night out.  Beer & cold pizza.

I don't miss it.  
      January 28, 2017 6:29 AM MST

• Can't say as I have. Always coffee first, beer around noon!
      January 28, 2017 6:43 AM MST

• No,  I do however get up in the morning once in awhile and double fist a beer and  coffee.  Especially when camping.  Makes smoking a joint a little tricky but I manage.
      January 28, 2017 8:24 AM MST

• I seem to manage also! LOL
      January 28, 2017 8:25 AM MST

• Not yet but you never know about the future...
      January 28, 2017 12:42 PM MST

• No :) Ive never woke up had drink in morning .....But I have in past  had night where still up drinking at 4-5am :) so that counts , no? 
      January 28, 2017 12:57 PM MST

That picture of a Blue Moon just started calling to me.  I do believe it's time for a beer right now!  

Thanks for the suggestion Rooster.  I knew you would prove to be useful to me one day. 
      January 28, 2017 1:59 PM MST

Hahahaha!! That was funny! 
      January 30, 2017 2:56 PM MST

I'm only going to try that beer because I choose to. Not because you recommended it.
      January 28, 2017 2:02 PM MST

no cause i cant drink cause of some meds im taking
      January 28, 2017 8:38 PM MST

sometimes- and this is what happens when you leave your beer cans laying around

Related image

This post was edited by Skunky Stinkerson at January 30, 2017 3:44 PM MST
      January 28, 2017 10:34 PM MST

Nah
      January 29, 2017 2:06 AM MST

• "No" ... most of my camping is done from a motorcycle
    and I can never find enough room to pack the beer.

January 29, 2017 2:26 PM MST

!!! W-O-W !!!  How do you balance?  You must have super-wonder-ALF strength in your legs!!!
      January 30, 2017 3:02 PM MST

• I installed two gyroscopes on the bike, so that when you get it above 15 mph, it pretty much takes care of itself.
      January 30, 2017 3:56 PM MST

.... until you stop.... Do you have to start breaking 1/2 mile before a stop sign?!  I have so many questions!  What type of bike is it? A Harley? A Yamaha? A bike you built from the ground up?  Can you fit the fine lady on it with you?  Do you have 6 kick stands?  3 on each side?  I think an 8 ounce beer would most certainly knock you off balance!!!  Big smiles!
      January 30, 2017 4:01 PM MST

• I suppose the gear does affect the braking a little.
    It's an almost stock Suzuki 1000 and if a fine lady wants to go on the camping trip, I have a trailer that I can haul the gear in.
      January 30, 2017 4:14 PM MST

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA   CLASSIC !!!!!!
      January 30, 2017 4:20 PM MST

•   January 30, 2017 4:27 PM MST

Hi ALF~ You're the first place I zoomed into coming back on AM today. :)
    Don is at work, but when he comes home, I'm going to show you both your bike and this picture.
    He has always wanted one of these for us!  We're pretty little and very close so, it would be big enough for both. We love to camp.  It is a lot bigger than one would think!  I like it!!
    Another idea that we had at one point is to get rid of all our material belongings (which are surprisingly small), sell our house, buy an RV and travel around after retirement.  My only problem with that is, I do like to have a place where our mail comes and a place to land.  But, you never know how the coin toss will end up!  That is awesome ALF!  Two thumbs Up!
      January 31, 2017 11:12 AM MST

• Hi Merlin -- Boy, do I feel bad! It seems that I shouldn't have assumed that the picture of the bike was so outlandish that no one, especially someone that's done some riding, would believe was something a motorcycle rider would actually do. I don't think you did believe it, at first, and thinking you knew, I continued the tale. My mistake!

I do have a motorcycle. A 1981 Suzuki GS1000G and I have done a lot of sport touring on it, but the most luggage it ever carries is a tank bag (always) and soft saddlebags (if I'm camping) and a aftermarket fairing. I don't have any pictures of it, but the picture below is more like it than the initial picture.

I do have the Cycle Kamp trailer (if my partner hasn't sold it) and I've used it many times.  It's a very, well built trailer and plenty big enough to sleep two 6-footers comfortable and lots of room, under the bed, so you can keep your stuff inside at night. A collapsable table for meals and whatnot and street-legal lighting and side reflectors. Thought I'd check for you and see if the company is still operational ... it was FTB suspended in 1985.  So, you can try to find a used one or contact one of the other companies that cater to motorcycle tourers. It's a fairly wide cycle trailer, as cycle trailers go, so tell your Hubby that he'll be stuck in the middle of the lane most of the time (where all the debris is), so run tire sealant in your tires.

Finally ... good luck, to both of you, and have fun in your future adventures!  ... and again, I'm sorry.... your ex-buddy, ALF
      January 31, 2017 1:56 PM MST

Rooster,  You are funny :) :)  Blue Moon could pass as orange juice, oatmeal, and toast.  I would consider that a pretty good breakfast in a bottle/glass! ;) :)

Absolutely!  We used to call them BBs or Breakfast Beers in College.  After drinking a few too many the night before, some people call them "hair of the dog."
    Does it have to be a beer?...
    Now a days, I have stepped up the flavor to things a little more acceptable.  Morning beverages such as screwdrivers, or any juice/vodka drink, and bloody marys.
    If the situation calls for a little 'slide of hand' , you can include very nice liqueurs in your morning coffee.  Baileys and coffee, Kahlua and coffee, or both.  You don't have to ditch the coffee.  Make it part of your morning ritual with a little kick. ;)
    Please remember, I'm a bartender by trade, so drinks camping or in the morning are 'par for course' for many. On occasion, I am right there with them.

January 30, 2017 3:24 PM MST

Whew! Bartender! Up until that point I thought a very dedicated alcoholic was posting.
      January 30, 2017 3:31 PM MST

Not a chance Harry!  I know a lot about booze, which includes morning drinks, stem ware, garnishes, temperatures, blenders, fire exits, when people have had too much, etc.
    I also know a lot about food service, food preparation, sanitary requirements, etc.
    I've managed rinky dink bars and restaurants and upscale bars and restaurants.
    I didn't graduate in it at college. But, I've been doing food and drink service and management for over 30 years.
    Don't worry Harry!  You're safe with me!  Happy! Happy!

January 30, 2017 3:50 PM MST