Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We used to be very proud of being Americans! The Donald changed all that. Now we are embarrassed and keep apologizing. Sad, ain't it?

We used to be very proud of being Americans! The Donald changed all that. Now we are embarrassed and keep apologizing. Sad, ain't it?

Posted - January 28, 2017

Responses

• I fought for my country during a very turbulent time and as such? I'm still proud to be an American and always will.
      January 28, 2017 9:00 AM MST

Thank you for your service to our country Rooster and Happy Saturday.
      January 28, 2017 10:17 AM MST

• Thank you Rooster I appreciate you and everyone who has fought for this country.
      January 28, 2017 5:49 PM MST

• You haven't heard any expressions of embarrassment from me, or apologies, nor will you. And all the apologizing that Barack Obama did on the world stage did not at any time speak for me. You'll never be able to grasp the fact that the embarrassing posture of BHO is why we have Trump in the White House to start with.
      January 28, 2017 9:19 AM MST

The canard of Obama "apologizing on the world stage" is one of those mindless memes that originated as campaign rhetoric (lies) by Mitt Romney. Obama never did any such thing, but the nutcases of the right will forever spin anything Obama said to the meanest and most untrue falsehoods they can spout to each other.

January 28, 2017 9:31 AM MST

((hugs)) Many thanks Louie. Happy Saturday! :)
      January 28, 2017 10:21 AM MST

I disagree emphatically with every word you wrote dw. Thank you for you reply.
      January 28, 2017 10:18 AM MST

• I didn't expect you to like it or agree with it. I'm sorry that you were absent from the country over the last eight years. You've got a lot of catching up to do. Perhaps you and Louie ought to unplug your ears and listen to the mindless nutcases of the right wing. You might learn a little of the tolerance you left wing kooks love to spout about. My story and I'll stick with it.
      January 28, 2017 10:33 AM MST

Your initial answer was great!  I agree!
      January 29, 2017 5:34 PM MST

I think Aaron Sorkin has the canonical take on this...and it long predates Der Pumpkinfuhrer

https://youtu.be/73_ds1xQmD4?t=1m9s
      January 28, 2017 9:38 AM MST

• I can be a proud American while being ashamed of my government and politicians. Honestly, that is not new to me and has always been the case.
    My government and politicians do not define me as a citizen  or any part of my prides.

If the President is supposed to be the source of our pride in being a citizen and what defines our country for us than a lot of men and boys died for nothing breaking us from Crown Rule.
      January 28, 2017 9:41 AM MST

Ditto for me.  Well said, Glis.
      January 28, 2017 10:17 AM MST

• Thanks.   I don't understand why so many find the concept hard to wrap their head around. I'm sure there is a similar sentiment amongst citizens of many nations the world over.
      January 28, 2017 10:20 AM MST

I am sure that is true.  I do think Americans take national pride to a different level than the citizens of many other countries, though.  Remember the "My country, right or wrong" meme?  I love my country, not the government.  
      January 28, 2017 10:35 AM MST

• I'm sure some do and some don't.
    Nationalism in China is insanely high and I'd say rivals or surpasses American nationalism in general.
      January 28, 2017 10:40 AM MST

If the reality of the governments and leaders (past and present) was laid bare to the citizens of each country, I believe most would still love their countries and their people...despite their governments and leaders.  
      January 28, 2017 10:50 AM MST

• Aye.
      January 28, 2017 10:54 AM MST

Exactly Glis. Well said
      January 28, 2017 10:32 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Glis and Happy Sunday.
      January 29, 2017 3:28 AM MST

What's sad is that we all are letting it happen and it's certainly true for Congress too. This post was edited by Zack at January 28, 2017 5:47 PM MST
      January 28, 2017 10:20 AM MST

Once the avalanche starts rolling downhill there is no stopping it Zack. It destroys whatever is in its path and we are helpless to do anything until it decides it is done. So we watch the carnage as it unfolds in real time. Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 29, 2017 3:48 AM MST

WRONG!  I was never embarrassed other than the times Obama went around apologizing to our enemies, not supporting police, and plenty of other behaviors  unbecoming a President of our country, I have served my country and was proud even though the people didn't support it.
       The only thing that embarrasses me now are the people who do not support our duly elected President Trump, they are people who have no respect for them selves or their country, it's either their way or the highway, they are the shallow people who don't realize what we have fought for and they don't even appreciate it, all big mouths and don't have a clue about anything other than their own egos.
         If all these complainers know so much, why don't they run for  the office and show us what they can do?
              He is our President, accept it and move on . stop complaining, he has only been in a few days, wouldn't you want the same consideration? that what I was taught by my parents. This post was edited by TomThumb at January 28, 2017 12:36 PM MST
      January 28, 2017 12:29 PM MST

January 28, 2017 1:50 PM MST

I wasn't aware of that, if it's true I find it deplorable, what is wrong with people?
      January 29, 2017 10:56 AM MST