Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you hope as I do president Trump will take a serious look at our dependency on the electric grid system and seek to eliminate our depende

Do you hope as I do president Trump will take a serious look at our dependency on the electric grid system and seek to eliminate our depende

ncy on it during a national crisis? We are so vulnerable, *sigh*.

Posted - January 28, 2017

Responses

It would shock me if tRump messed with it since it is a matter of 'free enterprise'. In the last few years, I've seen electric company employees working to improve things to prevent problems. In fact, I asked some of their tree guys over to cut down a menacing tree on my property. The tree was going to overgrow some nearby power lines. I really hated to see it go, but I knew it would be a problem someday. I couldn't cut it with my chainsaw because it would fall onto a powerline.
      January 28, 2017 3:33 PM MST

He takes a serious look at everything he looks at. 
      January 28, 2017 3:41 PM MST

• I doubt it but the grid system is an archaic and inefficient system that should be slowly replaced.
      January 28, 2017 3:49 PM MST

I hope he takes a look at the Veterans administration.  Additionally, social security realizing that there has not been an increase for at least 3 years.  Obama was too busy giving away money instead of supporting folks at home like the Veterans and senior citizens. 
      January 28, 2017 3:58 PM MST

I hope you decide one day to base your assertions on actual facts, no just ideological nonsense

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/sep/30/barack-obama/barack-obama-says-va-budget-has-risen-85-percent-h/

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/colaseries.html
      January 28, 2017 4:06 PM MST

.3% on Social Security?  I'm on social security and did not receive an increase in 2016.  more fake news!  
    I stand corrected on the Veterans $$.  Perhaps Trump can drain that swamp and insure the money is put to good use.  Until now there hasn't been accountability. 
      January 28, 2017 4:19 PM MST

Social Security is a huge issue.  But, we need to place the COLA blame on Congress.  
      January 28, 2017 4:30 PM MST

Ba humbug! Oh that's so last month.
      January 28, 2017 7:52 PM MST

Yes and not just that.  What about cell phones, GPS, 3G, and 4G?
      January 28, 2017 7:11 PM MST

We need to be making some noise, well, those of us who want net neutrality.  Trumps new FCC head is not a friend to it.  He thinks broadband providers and data sold through wireless companies  should not be regulated as telecommunication providers thereby allowing them to offer "tiers" of internet access as well as use throttling.  He does not think the companies should have to offer broadband at $XX for unlimited access for a flat rate.  I'm retired from AT&T and I know they are just peeing all over themselves from joy. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at January 29, 2017 1:22 AM MST
      January 29, 2017 1:20 AM MST