Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Is there anyone you don't know but just can't stand them anyway?

Is there anyone you don't know but just can't stand them anyway?

For me the jury is always out until I get to know somebody.  Apparently that isn't true for some people, why?

Posted - January 28, 2017

Responses

• Yes.  Well barely know anyways.

I'm kinda the same way about people.
      January 28, 2017 7:26 PM MST

• YES! I worked with a woman who wore weird black pleated pants. And she ate four yougarts at time on her lunch ... Bite from one the next then next then next. And she touched my hair seven times an she smelled like cat litter. I did not know her well but I hated her so much: she's gone now. cos i said so. 
      January 28, 2017 8:02 PM MST

• The way you describe this person I can't imagine anyone wouldn't severely dislike  her.
      January 28, 2017 8:05 PM MST

• She was aweful to me .... Honestly .... I can't get on my messages ... I have a few and I'm guessing you one.... Cos I left you one  ..... Not ignoring you if so:) 
      January 28, 2017 8:07 PM MST

• She was aweful to me .... Honestly .... I can't get on my messages ... I have a few and I'm guessing you one.... Cos I left you one  ..... Not ignoring you if so:) 
      January 28, 2017 8:07 PM MST

She smelled like cat liter?  If you had not have gotten rid of her, I would have!  ;)
      January 29, 2017 1:01 AM MST

I don't dislike people for no reason, but there are people I have never met who I say I don't like based on the words they've spoken and things they've done. (e.g. - Donald Trump) There's plenty that I've heard him say and watched him do for me to decide that I do not like him. Meeting or knowing him in person wouldn't change that.
      January 28, 2017 8:10 PM MST

yes, ive been around people like that, from the way they act i dont want to get to know them
      January 28, 2017 8:10 PM MST

Yeppers.  Occasionally there are people that just instantly grate me the wrong way.  Sometimes I don't even have to have any interaction with them at all, and I could not tell you why I feel the way I do...but feel it I do sometimes.  
      January 28, 2017 8:22 PM MST

Thanks for your answer.  Do you feel badly that you didn't give them a chance?
      January 28, 2017 8:38 PM MST

I used to feel badly for feeling that way, though I have no control over it, and I do always give people a chance.  
      January 28, 2017 8:45 PM MST

Yes, I usually always give someone a chance. Although occasionally I'll come across someone who must remind me of someone from my past who I disliked. 
    I heard or read once that If you come across someone you dislike immediately to take notice of them. Because they might be highlighting something that you don't like about yourself. As much as I hate to admit it, that statement has been true for me. This post was edited by dragonfly46 at January 29, 2017 6:42 AM MST
      January 28, 2017 9:38 PM MST

The why is because of racism, sexism, phobia and general bigotry. What else? You might add bad word of mouth from those inclined to have others against you before you even meet. This post was edited by O-uknow at January 28, 2017 9:48 PM MST
      January 28, 2017 9:45 PM MST