Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » When Adam followed Eve and ate of the forbidden fruit wasn't that the greatest act of love in recorded history?

When Adam followed Eve and ate of the forbidden fruit wasn't that the greatest act of love in recorded history?

Posted - January 28, 2017

Responses

• NO .... ***** ate an apple .... Go to chemo for two years of your life and never give up..... Stop eating .... Almost stop breathing many times and never give your heart to anyone  else cos you just can't . Fook apples. Some people have more to deal then apples. Cos I said so.... Cos. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zt66jT1nMHU This post was edited by my2cents at January 29, 2017 11:40 AM MST
      January 28, 2017 8:20 PM MST

You don't talk about that......ever. I wanted to acknowledge it, and give you a hug. Even strong ninja bit*** need a hug once in a while. I needed one too...
      January 29, 2017 11:46 AM MST

• Nah. Adam heard that apples were good for growing new ribs.
      January 28, 2017 8:33 PM MST

No. It was disobedience on his part. Love would have refused to eat and asked for forgiveness for Eve saying perhaps he had not explained to Eve about the fruit properly. But instead Adam blamed Eve for his part of eating. 
      January 28, 2017 8:45 PM MST

Aye, agreed. He did blame Eve. I stand corrected. This post was edited by O-uknow at January 28, 2017 9:05 PM MST
      January 28, 2017 8:47 PM MST

• No, no, no, no, and no again. You've got it wrong. It wasn't love, it was lust. It all came to nothing when she said,   יש לי כאב ראש  which is Hebrew for, Not tonight, Adam, I have a headache. 
      January 28, 2017 8:49 PM MST

Love had nothing to do with anything, he was just hoping to get him some.
      January 28, 2017 9:12 PM MST

not really since anyone eating those apples ruined everything
      January 29, 2017 3:33 PM MST

1- When Adam followed Eve and ate of the forbidden fruit it could certainly be regarded as the first if not the greatest act of love in recorded history.

2- That may or may not be so. What is more certain is the lack of joined up thinking in whoever wrote that Eve ate of the forbidden fruit first and then gave it to Adam to eat. You'll see that if you follow the reasoning.

3- The Bible says that the fruit was from the tree of the knowledge of right from wrong or good from bad. So before taking a bite from the fruit neither Eve nor Adam knew right from wrong or good from bad.

4- It is after eating from the fruit and ONLY THEN that they realised that giving in to temptation, disobeying instructions, doing what is forbidden and walking around totally naked were all wrong/bad. That is why it was only then that they suddenly started covering themselves up with fig leaves.

5- Now you see where the author slipped up by saying that EVE ate the fruit first. If she had eaten of the fruit first she would have been the first to know right from wrong or good from bad and would not have given Adam to eat from the forbidden fruit because she would have known that it was wrong/bad to do so.

6- The same story appears in the Qur'an, but here the author avoids that trap. Here it says that they both ate of the forbidden fruit and were both equally guilty.
      January 29, 2017 7:26 PM MST

It might have been if it really was recorded history, not merely recorded belief of unknown origin, set down by an unknown scribe for a Middle Eastern, Late Bronze Age, tribal audience!  

Its real problem though is that we cannot know what the author really meant it to mean to the society for whom he was writing. Or even if it's a true reflection of the tale invented or collected from elsewhere by the ancient Hebrew tribes in the first place. It's obviously allegorical although the writer is unlikely to have twigged that we cannot all be descended from just one couple. (If you think we are, you must accept its obvious and deeply unpleasant implication.)

It is a strange myth, but probably no stranger than any other myth of those times; so its strangeness arises more because its real origin and original aim are lost, than from the myth itself.
      February 16, 2017 5:38 PM MST