Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Is there ever a reason to hit a woman?

Is there ever a reason to hit a woman?

Ever?

Is there ever a time or a situation that would merit striking a.woman? Are there women out there that hide behind being women to act up and try to get away with things.that nobody else could get away with.
Can we expand that further?

Are there people who use being women, or aged,  or handicapped, as a license to be nasty and rude?

Or . .  

No. Never, we should recognize that they are weaker and if no understanding is possible, we should walk away. Anything else makes us Bullies.

Thanks 

Posted - January 29, 2017

Responses

ruff secks
      January 29, 2017 12:47 PM MST

• Yeah, that would be a reason, I suppose.
    Thanks Johnny.
      January 29, 2017 12:49 PM MST

• Nope! I've never hit a woman in my life and have no intention of doing it now! Maybe sometimes out in the pool playing but that's it. Not my thing.
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 30, 2017 8:33 AM MST
      January 29, 2017 12:51 PM MST

• Never ever?
    That's alright.
    Im afraid I cant say the same. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 29, 2017 3:27 PM MST
      January 29, 2017 12:59 PM MST

• No, never. Tempted once or twice but never did it.
      January 29, 2017 1:13 PM MST

• That's alright. 
    I gotta say tho. There are some rough women out there. They would have no trouble beating your ass if you let them.
    Thanks Mr R.
      January 29, 2017 3:29 PM MST

• So why did you want to hit her. What merited the action, for you, had you gone through with it.
      January 30, 2017 4:30 AM MST

• She pushed me down a flight of stairs. 
    Followed by the "what are you gonna do, are you gonna hit a woman?
      January 30, 2017 8:38 AM MST

• Ok, I think you told me that before. 
    If you had pushed her down the stairs would that have been equivalent to hitting her? Are there gradations of ok and not so ok? I can't conceive doing or saying such a thing, however mad or angry. Sorry, D.
      January 30, 2017 9:18 AM MST

• Ha, don't be sorry. And no, I wouldn't throw her down the steps. That's funny. Well.. not funny funny...but you know what I mean.
    About degrees of correction let's say. That's a good question.
    Is it totally a hands off deal or is an elbow grab allowed??
      January 30, 2017 2:14 PM MST

• I do know what you mean, of course. But your question here reminds me of how you would go about correcting a dog; it's how hard you yank on the leash but yanking, full stop, is a natural given.
    So therefore it is indeed a matter of degree. How hard and not not at all. 
    When, on rare occassions, hands have been placed on me to bring me back into line (as he deems it necessary, and that line having been drawn by him) I have no empathy with that action. I'm like a dog being pulled back into the right position and fundamentally it comes down to what he considers appropriate or inappropriate behaviour.
    When a man does or is considering hitting a woman the action is determined by his standards as he believes he has absolute power over her. Or at least he should have. Yes? no? yes? possibly.

January 31, 2017 3:07 AM MST

• (I know how special she is to you but that's a rubbish thing to have said)
      January 31, 2017 3:56 AM MST

• This was long long time ago, when I was still pretty. I'm sure by now she probably has list of pushed down the step ex suitors.  Who knows, maybe that's her thing. 
      January 31, 2017 7:25 AM MST

Well, if I knew that Ziva David (Cote de Pablo) from NCIS had a some sort of breakdown and for some unknown reason thought I should be assassinated by her and then I see her walking up to my front door, I think I might be justified in not being polite.
      January 29, 2017 1:13 PM MST

I think there is never a reason to hit ANY one, man/woman, ever. A woman is first, a Human. Do we hit humans because we thought they were rude? No.... hitting anyone just displays someone 'thinks' there is no other solution except violence... there is Any other solution besides violence; talking it out, leaving that person (even permanently), telling them you will not accept rudeness etc. or will not engage further... 

A short example, a woman I help provide child care for, got mad and frustrated with her toddler once because he was being fussy, moving so much, and not putting on his pants... she then hit him on his bottom and said 'you need a slap'.. i just stood there , heartbroken. I said nothing, yet knew her doing that was the LEAST thing someone could ever do to get what they wanted. If she ever did it again I will say something.. he was too small to know what he was doing, and toddler and babies are naturally fussy a lot when getting dressed. He then was eating once, and she was feeding him and I was there... he was again being fussy, not wanting the food.. then she tried to put it in his mouth again, he moved away and said 'hit me, hit me'.. I was so sad again. It meant she might hit him when he doesn't eat :(  I t solves nothing in my opinion, for babies, for humans, adults..
      January 29, 2017 1:15 PM MST

• Sorry but I've smacked many men over the years. Some in self defense and some because they deserved it.
      January 29, 2017 1:19 PM MST

I think that is the one exception....is if someone were in your face, threatening you badly, I'm so sorry you were in tha t position Rooster :/
      January 29, 2017 1:23 PM MST

• I'm an old warrior with a fast temper and not known for taking much from anyone. Sorry, I'm a violent one at times but now that I'm old? I'm much more mellow.
      January 29, 2017 1:27 PM MST

I think violence doesn't solve things , however if some guy was in your face and threatening you or about to hit you, hitting/shoving/punch might be in order :/ I'm glad you are more mellow now R..
      January 29, 2017 1:29 PM MST

• I don't.understand.Mr R. So then it IS ok if someone provokes your temper to strike him as long.as the person is not a.woman? Even if they are.saying the same thing??
      January 29, 2017 3:35 PM MST

• Huh?
    So it IS ok to hit somebody if he's in your face and just using words?
      January 29, 2017 3:33 PM MST

No I said, implying,  if someone is about to basically HIT you, then you'd have a reason to hit them.. that is the only case I can see for ever hitting someone.. if it is in self defense.
      January 29, 2017 6:10 PM MST

• I can see that, I can see the not hitting period, I can. Anybody. Im having troubles accepting to not hitting women only. If a man does something, anything, slap worthy, maybe it is slap worthy regardless of who says it. Maybe.
      February 1, 2017 9:49 AM MST

• I've even smacked a few men for being rude as hell. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 29, 2017 1:46 PM MST
      January 29, 2017 1:25 PM MST