Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » What was the best pair of insulated boots you've ever owned?

What was the best pair of insulated boots you've ever owned?

Posted - January 29, 2017

Responses

• Really the only kind worth a damn are bunny shoe or mickey mouse boots.
    I rarely wear insulated boots, even in extreme cold They are always uncomfortable and never hug the ankle quite right.   I find you can always make up for it with wool socks and if your chit gets wet it's easier and quicker to dry regular boots and socks than thinsulate lined ones.
      January 29, 2017 5:55 PM MST

I've never owned a pair boots of any kind.
      January 29, 2017 5:59 PM MST

• For me, it never makes a difference, my feet always get wet, even if the boots are waterproof therefore, my feet are cold, insulated boots or not!
      January 29, 2017 6:07 PM MST

• Make sure they have a webbed tongue going up the length of the boot and seal them with bee's wax of some sort.   Silicone spray is worth ****all.
    Mink oil base under the wax helps but can make them too soft.
      January 30, 2017 2:07 AM MST

About 10 years ago I bought a pair of snow boots by Lands End. I don't need them anymore, but I still have them in case we take a winter trip.
      January 29, 2017 7:15 PM MST

• I worked outside most of my life and wore a pair of work boots with a removable liner that were the best I've ever had. I had a couple pair of liners and always had a spare in the truck in case they got wet. I don't recall the brand though, sorry.
      January 29, 2017 7:34 PM MST