Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » is super intelligent robot is better that super intelligent alien? t

is super intelligent robot is better that super intelligent alien? t

is super intelligent robot is better than super intelligent alien? the intelligence of robot would be limitless but super intelligent alien will have limitation.

Posted - January 29, 2017

Responses

A super intelligent robot may have limitations on creativity and cannot invent or make something new. Do not  underappreciate the biological. This post was edited by O-uknow at January 30, 2017 6:26 AM MST
      January 29, 2017 10:09 PM MST

Indeed. A "super-intelligent" robot can only be a robot - a machine programmed by humans to carry out particular tasks. I.e. a piece of machinery controlled by a computer, and computers are not "intelligent" but are boxes of matrices of transistors (on/off switches) working to chains of binary, Boolean Logic decisions set by the mathematics of the installed programme.

The real intelligence is that in the brains of its designers and programmers; and those are far more intelligent than the computer can be.

If we assume the existence of an alien of far higher than human intelligence we must assume it also possesses individual experience and emotions of far greater depth and subtlety than the robot can have.  
      February 7, 2017 4:45 PM MST

Methink a machine race would lack initiative unless programmed into it and not try to go beyond its design limitations the way biologicals do for its own sake. A machine race would stay the same for eons and never grow. With that being said a biological race could come up from behind and surpass a machine race. If you remember the Star Gate series a little of this was explored. A machine race became as advanced as anything could but it was the biological Ancients that ascended beyond all technology. This post was edited by O-uknow at February 7, 2017 8:39 PM MST
      February 7, 2017 8:38 PM MST

I don't know the Star Gate stories, but I think we biologicals will always be ahead intellectually, of whatever machines we might build.
      February 8, 2017 2:13 AM MST