Discussion » Questions » Music » What song saved you today?

What song saved you today?

By chance, this song came on the car radio. It helped me to relax.

~ "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds
~ Simple Minds is my favorite group
~ lead vocalist Jim Kerr's voice just melts me in the best ways
~ possibly this song may be their most famous but they have so much more music

Posted - January 30, 2017

Responses

Thanks for answering!

March 20, 2017 8:48 AM MDT

That was a message that is good for me to hear in recent weeks, thanks, WingedWonder. I liked the song and message. I let fears and anxiety take too much room in my being lately. A new job has taken me to places I had not quite expected, emotionally.
    I forge ahead with God's help who has provided managing tools, friends, affirmations, exercise, etc.
    Hell, I'm doing the best I can, I know that. I can't ask myself more than my best, even if my best is not quite fitting my expectations.

March 22, 2017 7:38 AM MDT

Thanks so much for sharing that, WingedWonder!
    :)
      March 22, 2017 9:06 PM MDT

The only song playing in my head when I woke up this morning was the opening theme to Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.
      March 20, 2017 8:34 AM MDT

Strangely enough, I have all the Star Trek soundtracks since the first movie way back in 1979.
      March 20, 2017 8:41 AM MDT

Sorry, I"m late for owrk  Zack-Mr.GenXer - - I'll coem back to this spot later 
    Thanks for answering!

March 20, 2017 8:47 AM MDT

Star Trek, Superman The Movie(1978) and Highlander. Lots of other tracks I pulled from various movie soundtracks. 9gb worth of music in all. This post was edited by Zack at March 22, 2017 7:41 AM MDT
      March 20, 2017 8:50 AM MDT

I'm interested to find out exactly what it is that you hear. BTW, sooner than later, I'll upload all that music to google drive and I'll give you access to it. I'll let you know. This post was edited by Zack at March 22, 2017 7:42 AM MDT
      March 20, 2017 9:01 AM MDT

About those juices. Save enough for me. I intend on filling up on it.
      March 20, 2017 9:08 AM MDT

An acquaintance of mine also says the Superman theme is his favorite John Williams composition and Superman is one of his favorite movie scores. I know the entire score is his favorite Williams score.
      March 22, 2017 7:48 AM MDT

WingedWonder is right, Zack - Mr.GenXer, I really enjoy a lot movie music. I seem to remember composer Jerry Goldsmith wrote the music for one of the Star Trek big movies. But I'm unfamiliar with most of the movies.
    Thanks, again, for answering my question!
    :) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 22, 2017 5:53 PM MDT
      March 22, 2017 7:44 AM MDT

That music was the only Oscar he received in his career, I believe. What phenomenal music -- I know the entire score in my soul, which is a creepy thing to say considering the movie's subject. I love the music from "The Omen!!" 
    Goldsmith is probably my favorite composer for movies overall.
    Thanks for this most excellent post!
    Listening to it as I type (badly). I have to proofread all the time unless I'm in a hurry and do't have time, ha!
      March 22, 2017 8:37 PM MDT

"And the piper dreams -- in rings of misty white --  knowing in his sleep,  his dreams only keep through the night . . . "

Something like that! I can't remember the exact words and the exact order but it's something close to that I think.

Love it.

That year, the "Ave Satani" song you posted was nominated for an Oscar for Best Original Song from a movie. It lost -- I think to the theme from "Rocky." This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 22, 2017 8:58 PM MDT
      March 22, 2017 8:51 PM MDT

I've never seen this (nor heard of AxxonEn, I believe) and I ABSOLUTELY LLLLOOOOOOVVVVVVE IT!!!!
    That is wildly perfect!
    Thanks!!!!!

And I'm ready to drop over with tiredness onto my keyboard. Yet another tiring day or jobs. I'm signing off for now - - unless you're coming over with your cumuppance again.   Uh . ..  did I spell that wrong?
    ;)
    Ha!
      March 22, 2017 9:21 PM MDT

Yes!!!! Another top Goldsmith favorite for me!

I've really not heard a bad score from him. (Some I don't like so well as others but he always interests me.)

Lately I also like much of composer Thomas Newman's music for movies, like "The Green Mile," "Road To Perdition," and "The Shawshank Redemption." (Hey, and I am in "The Shawshank Redemption"!! It's true. I'm just an extra in it but I'm there. It was all a fun experience and actor William Sadler --  handsome and he was the most friendly to me. We extras were to avoid all the stars but Sadler came up to me and started talking with me. I thought he was another extra until I saw the movie in the theaters and saw that he was a major character. Anyway, he was really nice, friendly and down-to-earth in our conversation.)

BlahBlahBlah --  I'm rambling again.
    (But I don't need to share what some of my thoughts were that were going through my mind while I was talking with Sadler, ha!)

Thanks for the Goldsmith posts! This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 22, 2017 9:04 PM MDT
      March 22, 2017 8:44 PM MDT

And I answer, yet, again my own question from a while ago.

Today, "Drive" by The Cars came on the radio - - and I instantly breathed calmer and relaxed a bit more. What a depressing song -- and an especially depressing video - - but oh-so-beautiful!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 7, 2018 6:12 PM MDT
      September 7, 2018 6:11 PM MDT

Here I am again to say hello to you, WelbyQuentin.
    I'm answering your question yet again, too.

Today it was Enigma's "The CROSS of Changes."

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 10, 2018 7:55 PM MST
      November 10, 2018 7:55 PM MST

"Voices Carry"    Til Tuesday

(the excellent original music video to the song no longer will paste into the site for me; I really recommend the original music video to watch if you haven't seen it before)

Great song 

EDIT:  -- whatever- - this video won;t even play -- i give up

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 13, 2019 7:57 AM MDT
      July 13, 2019 7:54 AM MDT

It's rare for a song to be better than this one. My opinion, I guess.

"Wise Up"   Aimee Mann

August 4, 2019 1:02 PM MDT