Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Soooo Trump wants to meet the Queen but apparently he doesn't want to meet Prince Charles. DO you think he's chicken?

Soooo Trump wants to meet the Queen but apparently he doesn't want to meet Prince Charles. DO you think he's chicken?

We know that Prince Charles is a very keen environmentalist and has written a book about climate change... so we can see why Trump is getting itchy about meeting Prince Charles... 
Prince Charles/the organisers of State visits have been told by Trump's people that Trump doesn't want a lecture about climate change.. 

Apparently Trump wants all the pomp and ceremony and to be treated like he's important... we do that stuff well here.. but there's a process, an order, a protocol and the format IS that Prince Charles greets the visiting dignities...

Do you think Trump, visiting another country should be able to dictate such things? 

More to the point does anyone really think Prince Charles or anyone here's going to listen or give in to Trump's demands?

I am no royalist but tee hee there are times I LOVE Prince Charles

Posted - January 30, 2017

Responses

I don't think Trump understands protocol.  He has always been able to buy his way in LOL
      January 30, 2017 1:22 PM MST

• Ahh not this time as Britland doesn't work that way.. we aren't in awe of money in the same way you guys seem to be.. and that's the thing about the Queen protocol counts more than money.. 
    It will be a good lesson for Trump.. money can't buy you everything.. 
      January 30, 2017 1:34 PM MST

By the way, I am Canadian, not USAmerican. And she is my Queen too.
      January 30, 2017 1:51 PM MST

• Super... then of course you know already that the Brits AND Canadians aren't as money motivated as Americans are.  Things like history, protocol, ethics, doing what's right, being fair etc are all way more important than money and there are some things that just can't be bought, especially in Trump's case, by someone with no class. 
      January 30, 2017 1:53 PM MST

• PS Trump should have learned that already as he's had a few run ins here before he was prez.. with his whining on about wind farms near his golf course.. he got real mad, threatened all sorts or people, was downright WITHOUT class and got nowhere.. so you'd think he'd know by now.

I am sure you know too that the Brit people have petitioned against him visiting.. personally I am happy for him to visit, especially if he gets to go have tea with Prince Charles :P
      January 30, 2017 1:56 PM MST

• I think it's an insult to the men who died creating this country whenever one of our elected officials bows, visits, or hosts the Crown.
    So whenever they do it they are automatically in the wrong IMHO.
      January 30, 2017 2:05 PM MST

It's 2017, not 1776.
      January 30, 2017 2:57 PM MST

• Doesn't matter. More reason if anything. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 30, 2017 5:05 PM MST
      January 30, 2017 5:03 PM MST

Hi DDTD.  There were rumors sometime after Princess Diana & Prince Charles split that Donald Trump tried wooing Lady Di
    And failed in his attempt.  Maybe he doesn't want to see Prince Charles because he is embarrassed by it all.

Ah hahahaha!  Never mind.  Forget I said that.  The guy doesn't get embarrassed,  He would just act like it never happened.

Did you know that this wouldn't be the first time Trump & Prince Charles have met?  Trump has always liked to hobnob with the rich and famous.

Getting back to your question, I definitely don't think Trump is chicken.  That's not his style.  What is his style is dismissing anything or anyone that might disagree with him.  I don't think foreign dignitaries should dictate anything when visiting another country but unfortunately it's done all the time.  I think Prince Charles will only give in to the demand if he is convinced that it will place unnecessary strain on the relationship. Otherwise, he will have at it.

I feel the trip is too important for Trump to cancel.  I believe he will meet with the Prince, and, if/when the subject is brought up, Trump will listen to be polite and simply not make any commitment.  OR, they will get into an argument and a flat out brawl will ensue.  Won't that be fun?
      January 30, 2017 2:22 PM MST

• I don't know but I think she should wear a protective cup. . . You know. . . .just in case.
      January 30, 2017 2:45 PM MST

Hehe Lago.  Good point.
      January 30, 2017 2:48 PM MST

•   January 30, 2017 8:24 PM MST

I don't think he's scared of anyone. He took Vince McMahon out pretty easily. ;p

January 30, 2017 2:55 PM MST

Haha!  I remember that!  Thanks for posting it righty.
      January 30, 2017 3:10 PM MST

• A better question might be, Would Queen Elizabeth want to meet Mr Trump?

She's a strong lady, a stickler for protocol, and has met all manner of unspeakable boors over the years -- including a couple of Australian prime ministers -- so if it's deemed necessary for trans-Atlantic relationships she'll bite the bullet. But, sheesh! Talk about beauty and the beast. :(

January 30, 2017 3:44 PM MST

• Ah... I can see it now... Infant trump wouldn't know how to take a joke from Charlie ... Can they still do "off with his head"
      January 30, 2017 4:15 PM MST

I the the Queen should tell him to bugger off.
      January 30, 2017 4:22 PM MST