Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Communication » When did you realize that social media(Twitter, Facebook) wasn't your thing?

When did you realize that social media(Twitter, Facebook) wasn't your thing?

Posted - January 30, 2017

Responses

• As soon as my friends started getting into it (back in early high school). I do have an Instagram because I enjoy photos, but that's about it. 
      January 30, 2017 12:50 PM MST

I'm not so critical of Instagram. So you're cool.
      January 30, 2017 12:56 PM MST

• tee he here's where you may not like me Zack :P I like Facebook - wouldn't want to be without it :P  In defence I DO have only people i absolutely trust on there.. people i've known a long, long time and family.. ALL the people on it are cool...well ok I can think of one I added under duress but she's acquaintance status :P but mostly they are people who know me well, know my past, know my deep dark secrets, (well I am an open book so they weren't exactly secret anyway) and they are people who i know won't judge me whether i am happy or sad, i can say what i like there and know it's cool.

I did have a twitter account.. but it was for a specific reason.. to target a company that ripped me off.. I got my money back via credit card company so i have no need to Twit anymore :P This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 30, 2017 3:35 PM MST
      January 30, 2017 1:02 PM MST

• Uh....  You're posting this question on social media. Q&A and thread sites are in fact social media sites.
      January 30, 2017 1:20 PM MST

When they came into existence.
      January 30, 2017 3:01 PM MST

• Less than a week. 

As Glis pointed out, discussion sites like this one are also a type of social media. The difference is that we pick and choose the threads that interest us, and the people that interest us, and we can ignore the kind of inanity that gets posted on our FB page. 

In fact, I now have an anonymous FB account linked to an anonymous email address. I keep it there so that I can search FB if necessary, though I rarely do. The advantage is that nobody but myself knows that it's there so I don't get silly clutter.
      January 30, 2017 3:31 PM MST

• I haven't realized it yet :/ maybe I will on March 17th of this year. 
      January 30, 2017 5:51 PM MST