Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Did you convince anyone of anything lately?

Did you convince anyone of anything lately?

Posted - January 30, 2017

Responses

• I convince myself daily ... That I'm always right .... Cos I said so :) and I'm not easily convinced of anything. So that's impressive ;)
      January 30, 2017 9:33 PM MST

• That'd be a first, Zack!

I left my original answer right where it was but put a line through to cancel it. Because, even though I had not convinced anybody of anything at the time of writing I am now a fully-qualified convincer. 

About half an hour ago I had a call from a telemarketer and convinced him him that I was a Russian with very limited English. Poor bugger nearly went demented during the call. 

"Da, da, I speak English good." "You calling from where?" "From Russian embassy?" "Not embassy?"   Da ... da ... thank you sir... and so on. Used lots of those deep Russian 'a' sounds but couldn't manage to roll my 'r's. 

Maybe he'll even delete my number from his call again list. 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 31, 2017 5:22 AM MST
      January 30, 2017 9:41 PM MST

I did, but it wasn't just me that did the convincing. As luck would have it and by complete coincidence, my point was actually physically demonstrated in front of myself and the person I was trying to convince about an hour after the conversation. I couldn't believe my luck!
      January 30, 2017 9:48 PM MST

I finally managed to wear her down . . .

~
      January 30, 2017 10:45 PM MST

• He's lying zack ... Stop love him.... STAT ;p  
      January 30, 2017 10:46 PM MST