Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why would the Republicans remain silent through this circus?

Why would the Republicans remain silent through this circus?

Posted - January 31, 2017

Responses

• From what I've read on Yahoo News? They aren't being quiet! Quite an uproar starting.
      January 31, 2017 12:14 PM MST

Got a link?
      January 31, 2017 1:14 PM MST

•   January 31, 2017 1:19 PM MST

Thank you.
      January 31, 2017 1:40 PM MST

• You're welcome Zack!
      January 31, 2017 2:15 PM MST

MAYBE, lack of accepting the truth.     Instead: Truthiness, a quality characterizing a "truth" that a person making an argument or assertion claims to know intuitively "from the gut" or because it "feels right" without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts. 

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia..American television comedian Stephen Colbert coined the word.

January 31, 2017 12:23 PM MST

• Depends what you mean by Republicans.

Trump appealed to those grass roots Republicans who are naive enough to believe election promises and who would have had to vote for Clinton if they didn't vote or Trump. (Abstention doesn't help. Every person who fails to vote is effectively casting a vote for the ultimate winner because they could have voted for the other candidate.

More committed Republicans -- those who are actively involved with the party and those who have a deeper understanding of the situation -- never wanted him. The GOP and it's organisers did whatever they could to prevent this situation from developing but the grass roots voters overwhelmed them. 

Now that the cuckoo's egg has hatched, Americans have every right to fear the horror that is beginning to emerge. 

One of my regular news sources is the ABC, a site funded by the Australian government. They are steady, staid, and are so conservative that they're known in this country as "Auntie". I'm going to attach the heading from their web site (here's a link) with the links to various topics which include, Australia, World, Trump's America...

So the America we have long revered has become Trump's America -- a place of wonder, derision, and not a little pity. The longer this buffoon is in the White House the lower America's prestige is going to fall.

January 31, 2017 1:00 PM MST

They are part of it. 
      January 31, 2017 1:41 PM MST

• Love that pic! :)
      January 31, 2017 1:43 PM MST

Thanks, Didge! :-)
      January 31, 2017 3:16 PM MST

Hi Zack.

As Rooster points out, many Republican politicians are being very vocal.  The ones that aren't are the die hard "support the party no matter the cost" politicians.  But, don't be fooled.  They all hate him.  He's not one of them.  They want him gone.  They like Pence.  He is one of theirs.  They are just waiting.  And watching.  Once Trump does something that leaves everyone up in arms, something that goes so utterly against the grain and is a shoe in of an impeachable offense, they will move to impeach him and Pence will then take the reins.  Oh yes.  Paul Ryan & Mike Pence. They are buds.  They talk.  They plan.  Yup.  

January 31, 2017 2:27 PM MST

I'm not sure that I should feel good about that either.
      January 31, 2017 2:30 PM MST

LOL!  Which one is the least objectionable?  

Yeah, it is a bit of a conundrum isn't it?  
      January 31, 2017 2:36 PM MST

• Ummm, power?
      January 31, 2017 5:07 PM MST