Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is CA trying to become a sanctuary STATE? What will this mean for the state?

Is CA trying to become a sanctuary STATE? What will this mean for the state?

Posted - February 1, 2017

Responses

The State will be on it's own, loaded with liberals and illegals, and wannabe actors. All the free loaders of the world will flock there so start packing.
      February 1, 2017 10:48 AM MST

I don't need to pack. I neither live in nor plan to move to CA. 
      February 1, 2017 11:52 AM MST

You should be ok then.
      February 1, 2017 1:30 PM MST

That is pretty much right.
      February 1, 2017 6:25 PM MST

• I've lived here all my life and haven't heard any of this stuff. Yes, it's a democratic state but we have a fair Governor and I think this is a bit of exaggeration. We have all kinds of people here now without any problems. I'm not worried about it. There is more to this story than you really know and it will all blow over in time. I guess they filed to secede but it'll never happen. This state has always been a sanctuary anyway. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 1, 2017 2:06 PM MST
      February 1, 2017 1:52 PM MST

I don't know details. I keep hearing the tease on the news but have not actually seen the story, yet. 
    Strange people who live in CA don't know either.
      February 1, 2017 4:32 PM MST

• Hey! I'm not strange! I've seen this state go from democrat to republican and back to democrat. They'll let some stuff slide but it will all go by the wayside in time. They may put the vote to secede on a ballot but it will never happen. It's always been a sanctuary state, especially in the South. Just more media BS mostly. They don't want to lose Federal backing. It will be interesting but I know it isn't going to bother me any.
      February 1, 2017 5:34 PM MST

Sorry...I worded that wrong. "Strange that people who live..."
    Yes CA does stand to loose a substantial amount of money over sanctuary city/state determination.
      February 1, 2017 5:49 PM MST

• Exactly. That's why I think it will just be a minimal thing to appease the dems for a while. Governor Brown is a pretty smart man now.
      February 1, 2017 5:54 PM MST

One or some of your state legislators have introduced a bill to proclaim the entire state a sanctuary state.  Congratulations!!  
      February 1, 2017 6:28 PM MST

• Won't happen.
      February 1, 2017 6:29 PM MST

• Too many Mexicans!

Just kidding, I don't really believe that!

I believe it a little. 
      February 1, 2017 9:33 PM MST