Discussion » Questions » Politics » Can you be a.Trump supporter without being racist?

Can you be a.Trump supporter without being racist?

Bannons views are simple and overly stated. 
Is it possible for Trump to support him and not be like him? Is it possible for all Trump supporters to not be racist?

Posted - February 1, 2017

Responses

• Of course. I've supported Trump ever since he won the nomination and then voted for him in the election. I would gladly do so again. That doesn't make me racist or misogynist. I'm an equal opportunity offender. I offend everyone equally no matter their race, gender, or even if they somehow don't know what gender they are.
      February 1, 2017 10:38 AM MST

• I don't know if you are trying to be funny. But if the stick you use to choose is their ability to offend, and take pride in it, then youre already telling me that you are not capable of a conversation. So im going to assume that you are kidding and ask you. Honestly, how can you support these two guys and not be a racist? 
    I don't get it. Wouldn't that be like supporting David Duke, or Louis Farrakhan?
      February 1, 2017 10:48 AM MST

Just because you phrase your insults as passive aggressive rhetorical questions, doesn't make you less insulting. I don't believe you genuinely think Trump or his supporters are racist. We so obviously aren't that I don't believe you're that stupid. If I were you I'd stop using smear tactics. They don't work. You are just making Trump supporters more angry and determined to resist you. It just backfires. It's why you lost the election. Trump is a nationalist. It's about culture not race.
      February 1, 2017 11:37 AM MST

• I don't think you have the capacity for civil conversation. So im just going to leave it here. 
      February 1, 2017 11:39 AM MST

• Of course I'm joking. I don't purposefully walk around offending everyone I meet.

To be honest, I've been far to busy with other things in my life as of late so I haven't kept up entirely with current events so I don't really know who Bannon is. As far as Trump goes, you're assuming he is racist. There are many blacks, hispanics, whites, and others that don't consider him racist. I haven't heard him say anything that is actually racist. I've only heard the media label him as racist. The race card is way over used in today's society especially by the media. It is used mainly for the purpose of shutting up someone who has a different idea or opinion than they do. For example, the media likes to paint the picture that blacks aren't criminals and their right in that not all blacks are criminals, however, they're impliying that crime pertaining to race is the same. The FBI released a report stating that black on black and black on white crime is significantly higher than any other race. Just restating the report is more than enough to earn me the label of being a racist even though there is nothing racist about the report. That is what is happening to Trump. He isn't racist, he's being painted a racist by those who don't like or don't agree with him. That is why it's difficult to have this discussion because you and I don't agree with the basis of the question: That Trump is racist. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 1, 2017 3:15 PM MST
      February 1, 2017 11:49 AM MST

• I never said that he was a racist Corey. And you know what, (and I know my dearest friend Lucia, is going to have my butt on this one), but you know, I like the guy, I think he went and did it all his way, took on everybody and succeeded EVEN WHEN ALL SEEMED LOST! I mean come on. That really speaks to me. I just think the guy is nuts.
    And That's precisely the point.
    Let say that everything you said is true. All of it. 
    And this is where my mind is stuck, if I was to go around supporting, a Nation of Islam policy, in which the white man is the devil, and then told you that I am not a racist, that I only like his policies.
    Would you not have a problem believing im not racist?  
      February 1, 2017 12:49 PM MST

• Consider your butt had, my dear sir. We'll discuss this another time. )
      February 2, 2017 12:47 AM MST

• It is not what you think, it is not what it looks like! 
    I don't really like him that much.  )
      February 2, 2017 1:18 AM MST

• Don't believe you.
      February 2, 2017 1:23 AM MST

I am a Trump supporter. I voted for Trump. 
    I am not racist. I am a woman...so not sexist.
    I voted for Trump because he is going to bring back jobs. 
    Secure the border. 
    The SCOTUS nomination (yes I am happy with Judge Neil Gorsuch)
    I believe we should have real free trade... NAFTA was the worst thing to happen to American jobs. 
    We need to know who is coming into our country....we need to be able to vet them. 

Etc

February 1, 2017 10:47 AM MST

• Yeah, yea, yeah, 
    You know I can accept all that. But that's not the question. How do you excuse Bannons rhetoric without accepting it. Im not talking about all that you mention. Im not trying to make this into a bash the bashers kind of thing. 
    Do you not think that if The Black president had appointed Farrakhan to the cabinet, it would have been like promoting his views?
    Can we support Hitler without disliking the Jews?
    It's got to be one or two. You either like him and support him, or you think that our problems are so big that even if he is a racist you are willing to over look it for the greater good. No?
      February 1, 2017 10:55 AM MST

I don't know Bannon (I know who he is but not enough to say he is a racist) I have heard people say things about him. But have never seen anyone quote him saying anything racist.  I have seen a quote that he said "Economically I am a nationalist".... I am to we have to take care of our country first. So I got no issue with that quote. Do you have something else you can show as evidence of racism? Not just the left calling rasist... actual evidence. 
    I vote on policy not personal issues. This post was edited by my2cents at February 1, 2017 2:34 PM MST
      February 1, 2017 11:22 AM MST

• Come on, now you're just being disingenuous. You know, im not attacking you. I really couldn't care less about who you voted for. 
    But if you are truly truly really going to tell me with a straight face that you are not aware of Bannons history then maybe you should look into it and all I can say is thanks for responding. I truly always appreciate it when you do.
      February 1, 2017 11:26 AM MST

I have looked and all I find are a few headlines that were on Breitbart. That were not written by Bannon. In fact the one that comes up frequently is "Kritstol.... renegade Jew" Bannon did not write it. A Jewish person wrote it. 

I again go by policy. Trump's policies are not racist. Securing the border is not racist. Wanting to vet the people coming into our country from know terror hotspots is not racist. It is keeping our country safe. 
    Now if this Bannon brings Trump from supporting Israel to being anti Israel....then I will have a problem with that.
      February 1, 2017 12:23 PM MST

• I understand, 
      February 1, 2017 12:39 PM MST

Denial seems to be a common theme with Chump supports.
      February 1, 2017 10:59 AM MST

• Hey man, is not about that. Im trying to have a conversation. 
      February 1, 2017 11:07 AM MST

• Oh and being a woman, im not sure if that's enough to make you not sexist. You'll just be a sexist woman. Just like being back doesn't keep anybody from being racist. They'll just be black. . .and racist. 
      February 1, 2017 10:59 AM MST

I am a woman....I am not anti woman. 
    I am a conservative woman. I am prolife. 

February 2, 2017 6:44 AM MST

• Dear my2, im sure you are not anti woman, im not either. You are conservative, and it's ok, not everybody's perfect. And you are.pro life...I am too.
    Still, being sexist is a little different..Carries the sense is superiority...the idea that one sex is superior to the other.. . And you see how, I can be a woman and still feel women are inferior. See? Im not being sarcastic, or sassy.
    Do you not think that men are superior to women. Have you not agreed with that before?
      February 2, 2017 2:48 PM MST

Being a woman is not equal to not being sexist. Just for the records.
      February 2, 2017 1:11 AM MST

I know that Trump is a narcissist but I haven't heard anything from him that makes him truly racist. He wants to secure our borders. I want that too.

Are the seven countries he put a ban mostly Muslim? Yes. Are they also among the top breeding grounds for terrorism? Yes. He is not asking for a permanent ban, but one until we get a more thorough vetting process. I personally am for that. It is easier to prevent misguided people coming than finding them and removing them once here. And frankly there are more countries that need to be added.

As for building a wall, I am for that too. While most people coming across have the best intentions, there are plenty that don't. Not to mention ones going the other way. There are tons of drugs and human trafficking crossing our borders and it needs to stop. Not only a wall needs to be built, but so does ground monitoring to stop tunnels from being built.

The vetting process from Latin American countries is tougher than those from others. It is time to reverse that. We need to make more stringent for those coming from known terrorist hotspots, and easier for those that are coming here anyway. It puts those coming on from the south in a place where they are legal and pay taxes.
      February 1, 2017 10:56 AM MST

• I don't know about any of that. Those are things to debate as matters of policy. You know . And I actually agree with a a lot of what he says. 
    Do you think that ,  well let me ask you first, I suppose you are familiar with Bannon. There really is no dispute into what kind of person he is. Do you not think. That by Trump appointing him to a post effectively higher than that of Defence and State Secretary, is he not supporting his model, his views.
    Would you choose someone you don't agree with as your first advisor? Do you not think that he must be the same. 
    And by the same logic, every Trump Supporter?
      February 1, 2017 11:05 AM MST

Many presidents have placed people who they don't always agree with in positions of importance. It gives them views they may not think of or help them understand others views. Id that what is happening with Bannon? I can't say, as I don't personally know either Bannon or Trump. I have read most of the people Trump has surrounded himself with don't like Bannon. But as I already said,  it could be to get another point of view in there.
      February 1, 2017 2:54 PM MST