Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Weather » Are you ready for winter to be over?

Are you ready for winter to be over?

I sure am...tired of looking at sticks on the hills and cold weather in general!

Posted - February 1, 2017

Responses

• YEP! Sick of the rain! Everything is a mud pit! We need it but it's tiring. I'm ready for sunshine, shorts and t-shirts! 
      February 1, 2017 5:39 PM MST

• Me too! Good BBQ and a Blue Moon!
      February 1, 2017 5:41 PM MST

• YEP!!!!!
      February 1, 2017 5:41 PM MST

Back home we have a delightful BBQ restaurant called The Blue Moon.  The original was on the same black as Pony Express.  That was a quaint street.  Pony Express is long gone now.  Makes me hungry..............I can smell it now.  
      February 3, 2017 8:31 PM MST

Yes 
    I am not an Eskimo
      February 1, 2017 5:43 PM MST

• It barely even came here.
      February 1, 2017 5:45 PM MST

• I don't like it in any form! Lol!
      February 1, 2017 5:57 PM MST

• Summer is over-rated.
      February 1, 2017 6:04 PM MST

More than ready.  If I ever get out of this area and miserable weather you will have to take me kicking and screaming to ever get me to set foot in a cold place again.  The walls are cold the floor is cold
    everything is cold and on top of that it is dark when you wake up and dark early in the afternoon.
    dark and dreary.  
    A little venting never hurts.  hahahaha
      February 1, 2017 5:48 PM MST

• I couldn't have said it any better!
      February 1, 2017 5:57 PM MST

• Angela .... You know I love snow and ski and ice skate .... Ive not got enough yet . MORE!.... For me :) 
      February 1, 2017 6:00 PM MST

• You can have that nasty stuff! ;)
      February 1, 2017 6:01 PM MST

• I'll take it :) MINE! I'm down with the "nasty" ;)
      February 1, 2017 6:02 PM MST

• Here, here!!
      February 1, 2017 6:03 PM MST

NO!!  Winter is the best time here.  
      February 1, 2017 6:17 PM MST

• Don't knock it. We're waiting for a series of heat waves to pass.
    Pretty good today but it's been H-O-T.
      February 1, 2017 6:18 PM MST

Come to Florida.  We are camping in the woods right now.  I wore jeans and a t-shirt today.
      February 1, 2017 7:30 PM MST

I thought it was cooler than it was; I left here this morning in sweats to run errands.  By the time I got home I was definitely overdressed.  Yall have fun and don't feed the bears.  People don't believe me when I tell them we have bears down here.  I actually saw one running down the street two years ago.  They wander into town sometimes.  
      February 1, 2017 7:36 PM MST

Seminole State Forest.  No bears here.

February 2, 2017 3:19 PM MST

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......"the forest provides a vital wildlife
    corridor between the Wekiva Basin and the
    Ocala National Forest. This corridor has
    a rich abundance of wildlife including the
    commonly sighted Florida black bear."   Commonly sighted.  Be careful and enjoy our wonderful Winter. 

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/40616/874175/Seminole_SF_Brochure.pdf
      February 2, 2017 4:36 PM MST

Hello Thrifty.  Yes, there are bears in the forest.  In fact, on our last trip to the Ocala National Forest we saw a mother bear and here two cubs as they crossed the FS Road in front of us.  We are pretty sure one also cut through the brush of the campsite next to ours.  On this trip we saw bear paw prints but, unfortunately, no bears.  We like seeing them and I always have a pistol handy to frighten them off just in case they don't know they are supposed to avoid people.
      February 3, 2017 12:04 PM MST

I like to see them too.  Growing up we had black bears in our forests that looked pretty much like the Florida black bear  but up in the Smokies they seem to be quite a bit bigger.  We had quite a few encounters with them when camping up there.  I sat on my lanai today and watched three alligators hang out in the canal my house sits next to.  They are not that interesting to watch other than I feel like I'm in the presence of a dinosaur.   Pretty cool.  I wish I would see one jump up to get something out of a tree.  I've heard of it but no one I know has seen that happen.  I'm headed North tomorrow for about a month.  Looking forward to see my family and enjoy some Winter.   :)  
      February 3, 2017 8:42 PM MST

How funny.  We are also headed to Charlotte and Knoxville to visit family.  This is convenient to do because we are also making our house available to fellow home exchangers.  We're repaying a family from Chile and putting a reciprocal exchange in Scotland in the bank.  Have fun. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at February 5, 2017 4:22 PM MST
      February 4, 2017 7:37 AM MST

Yall have this travel/home exchange figured out.  :)
      February 5, 2017 10:05 PM MST