Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Is anyone using a Fitbit or other exercise tracker? Do you find it to be accurate? Does it motivate you?

Is anyone using a Fitbit or other exercise tracker? Do you find it to be accurate? Does it motivate you?

Posted - February 2, 2017

Responses

• Hi Gator! I don't have a fitbit, I don't think I'd buy one either.....I have used an app for my phone called walk logger it's basically a pedometer but it rewards you with "medals" when you reach your goal(s). It's easy for me as it runs in the background and I keep my phone in the pocket of my scrubs when I work. I think it's pretty accurate, it does have some motivation to it as you want to do better...or more, the next day!
      February 2, 2017 1:05 PM MST

Hi Gator, Like Angela I have an app called S Health on my phone and it keeps track of my steps and can tell if I am running and keep distance totals. If I enter what I eat it will keep track of my caloric intake. Without going on a diet per say I used the app to keep track of weight and managed to lose some 30 pounds during the last three months. At one time I was tempted to purchase a fibit but I saw where the batteries in some free ones given to kids by a major fast food place was burning their wrists. Also I am not too keen on wearing something on my wrist, not even a watch.
      February 11, 2017 7:01 AM MST