Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What is with the obnoxious anti-Trump trolling flooding the site? Why is it allowed?

What is with the obnoxious anti-Trump trolling flooding the site? Why is it allowed?

Posted - February 2, 2017

Responses

• Oh I've on been here a month and this is my first queation so I'm a troll. Please. If you choose to ignore the trolling or condone it in your case, so be it. But continiously flooding a site with "why does Trump beat his wife" questions is trolling. If someone was on here asking anti-liberal questions at the same pace you libs would be justifiably upset.
      February 2, 2017 1:14 PM MST

• Nah, they wouldn't.  Not as upset as you are about this.   They wouldn't ask some fail-troll question deriding the site anyways.

You just really sold yourself out with your " you libs" accusation. All doubt has been terminated.   
    Step your game up next time.
      February 2, 2017 1:25 PM MST

• Seig heil. Do you know what that means? It means 'hail victory' and tha, apparently, is what we are all supposed to be doing.
    Everyone has a right to political free expression, regardless of how distasteful opponents may find it. Don't get upset. Rise to the challenge.
      February 2, 2017 1:27 PM MST

• That's the problem right there, you've only been here a month. Give it time, it'll grow on you. 

February 2, 2017 1:45 PM MST

• Perhaps you could define obnoxious. That would be start.
      February 2, 2017 1:15 PM MST

Obnoxious would be three or more pages of "questions" that are really nothing more that political ranting. Not wanting anyone with an opposing view to interact with you. You just want responses that agree with you.
      February 2, 2017 2:29 PM MST

• I would find it equally obnoxious if it were pro-Trump trolking. I'm not a Trump supporter, but not a fan of trolling.
      February 2, 2017 1:21 PM MST

• I don't think the internet is the place for you then. You seem to not understand how it works online.
      February 2, 2017 1:27 PM MST

• I know who you're talking about, and you know, I felt the same way you do. But then I found out she is a Vietnam veteran, she used to be a nurse in Pang Po, by the Delta. So that gave me a new.perspective.
      February 2, 2017 1:50 PM MST

• That's good to know, Lago. Thanks. 
      February 2, 2017 3:16 PM MST

• (It's not true Mr D, I was just messing with him. Well . . .actually . . .im not sure if it is true or not..I suppose it could be. It was just a funny. What doesn't take away from your nice comment. I just didn't want you to go.asking her about her time in Vietnam, you know?))))
      February 2, 2017 3:23 PM MST

• Sucked me in! I wondered, but only briefly. Somebody said she was my age and since I was too old for Vietnam I wondered whether she would be too. I shrugged it off on the basis that nurses might well volunteer in their 30s. 
      February 3, 2017 1:55 PM MST

agreeing with everything that has been said,
    but mention as well she has gone through Chemo
    Therapy for cancer and made a comeback.
    Didn't know she was a Viet Nam Vet and being a nurse.

Did you pick up on what JA said?
    That you can block certain people from appearing in your feed.
    Wouldn't that solve someones problem?
      February 2, 2017 5:54 PM MST

• Thank you for clarifying. The issue here should be about the way the questions are asked (and the number of them), not the fact that they are anti-Trump. A limit on number of questions posted a day could be a good idea. Or a solution similar to what SimilarWorlds does, which is allow you to "mute" a user. It's not the same as blocking them, but it means their questions don't pop in the feed that you see. 
      February 2, 2017 2:07 PM MST

We do have a filter available for your feed. 
      February 2, 2017 5:45 PM MST

Hi Walter.  Well, if nothing else, you certainly live up to your name.

I haven't been on here that long either and I did have a conversation with the person posting anti-Trump questions about the situation.  That person stated they had a right to post as I have the right not to respond.  It was a logical & sensible response IMO.  Some posts I respond to, most I don't.  It does leave me wondering how many anti-Obama questions/posts were started and debated on the old site (Answer Mug is a reboot of another answer site from what I've been told).  Either way, I find whether there is a Democrat or a Republican in the White House you are going to get at least one or two people who are very upset.  If it bothers you, just ignore it.  If you hold your cursor over Questions at the top of the page, you will see Questions by Category.  If you want to discuss politics, then scroll past the questions you feel are trolling questions.  Otherwise, there are plenty of other categories you can participate in.  And, of course, you can always change the conversation by starting your own questions that have nothing to do with politics or trolling. 
      February 2, 2017 1:43 PM MST

It's to bad that you seem to be having a problem with some of our members and what they post.
    If you can't just skip them maybe this site is not for you.
      February 2, 2017 2:08 PM MST

That last part....I was just thinking that.  
      February 2, 2017 2:16 PM MST

Not everybody likes certain posts.  Skip 'em. Problem solved.  Not many complain "on this site" ,anyway about trolls....hmmmm
      February 2, 2017 2:41 PM MST

Wow...56 responses on the first question. New answermug rookie record.
      February 2, 2017 2:44 PM MST

• Well spotted! :)
      February 2, 2017 3:17 PM MST

• Is it really??
    And after that, he just left. 
    He tasted greatness, and the pressure became too much. 
      February 2, 2017 3:25 PM MST

Lol.
      February 3, 2017 4:40 AM MST

• It sure is tedious, especially the endless tsunami of "The Donald" questions.
      February 2, 2017 8:02 PM MST

I have no idea! 
      February 10, 2017 10:09 AM MST