Active Now

my2cents
Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Now trump is pissing off Aussies. Don't leave here Didge and Hartfire.

Now trump is pissing off Aussies. Don't leave here Didge and Hartfire.

Posted - February 2, 2017

Responses

• He wasn't altogether unjustified but his manner was petulant. If he treats all heads-of-state as cavalierly it does not augur well for America's international relations in the immediate future.

On the BBC sitcom "Yes Prime Minister" Sir Humphrey argued that it takes two years to undo the damage caused by one prime ministerial dinner with a foreign ambassador. Unfortunately, what's happening in DC is no sitcom; it's more of a farce.
      February 2, 2017 2:55 PM MST

• I wouldn't read too much into it.. it's his negotiating style ... don't give anything away easily.. make you feel special when he finally agrees .. he is so transparent ...
      February 2, 2017 3:47 PM MST

• I doubt that the'll be around for long, OzGirl. He's on target for impeachment and the GOP won't support him. They'll throw him to the wolves and be happy with a Pence presidency. 
      February 2, 2017 4:21 PM MST

• Possibly correct... i don't think he'll go easily... not his style... and the thought that the gop may have just used him to Gain ppwer is an interesting one This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 2, 2017 5:20 PM MST
      February 2, 2017 4:53 PM MST

• I wasn't suggesting they used him. He's an embarrassment to them. They did everything in the rule book to stop him winning the nomination. He doesn't represent their interests. It'll be interesting to see what changes they make to their rules to prevent this sort of thing happening again. 
      February 2, 2017 5:22 PM MST

• Is there anyone Trump hasn't pissed off as you say? He's caused a row here.. Teresa May inviting him for a state visit to meet the Queen in was ok but then he started pulling stunts and spouting of even more nonsense than ever and many people don't think he should be allowed to come.. to be fair it's not usual to invite a prez so soon in the presidency, (esp as with luck he will be impeached!) so it's caused controversy and we are told it has embarrassed the Queen and put her in a difficult position. Meeting a man most of the world despises.  ALL because of the shallow idiot's love of show and ceremony
      February 2, 2017 2:58 PM MST

We got a few more here. Oh, and one of them is his huge fan. Wonders how he looks at it now. Tsk tsk. As for the rest, we don't want you to leave here. It's only 60% of members here that are based in the US. Stick with the rest of us 40%. Lol.
      February 3, 2017 3:36 AM MST

I think it so wrong to stand on Australian people and do such disgusting things..... I think they should go and seek the assistance of John...... Just saying in Loo of something better to come out with.....   I've also heard that "Trump"is just full of hot air.....part parf ....... Hehe
      February 23, 2017 8:25 AM MST