Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Fill in the Blank » You might be an Aussie if you________________________.

You might be an Aussie if you________________________.

Posted - February 2, 2017

Responses

• Eat vegemite and say G'day mate all the time?
      February 2, 2017 3:17 PM MST

• Have a vicious attack wallaby guarding your house from drunken  bogans.
      February 2, 2017 3:43 PM MST

• Where the heck did you hear about bogans?
      February 2, 2017 3:44 PM MST

• I know what bogans are. LOL
    They're kinda like rednecks but with crappy Japanese economy cars they try to sup-up.

February 2, 2017 3:54 PM MST

• I drive a *harrumph* Toyota. :( 
      February 2, 2017 4:04 PM MST

• With a fart can muffler and non-functioning aftermarket spoiler?
    We got people who do that silly crap here too.
    Toyotas are good cars.
      February 2, 2017 4:13 PM MST

• ..If you've waltzed  your Matilda ... or found yourself halfway across a summer lawn and discovered theres bindies in it ... or reached for the aeroguard at a barbie or stopped at the servo to buy something or cried while listening to "I was only 19" .. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 2, 2017 3:54 PM MST
      February 2, 2017 3:44 PM MST

• I was invited to dinner in Townsville and one of the other guests asked if I'd like to go for a walk on the golf course across the road. I started to pull on my shoes and she said, "You don't need shoes to walk on the grass." But I'd already tried that the day before and asked, "Have you seen the size of the bindis up here?" Fair dinkum, they were deadlier than the box jellies. 
      February 2, 2017 3:47 PM MST

• Yep... it's a learned response!
      February 2, 2017 3:48 PM MST

• Ummm..  Okay I'm gonna try and use all my music and movie knowledge to crack this jibberish.

You're getting the hell out of here but stepped on some kind of thorn(?). The burnt yourself on the lid(?) of the charcoal grill. So you went to the corner gas station to get beer and smokes while you cried about it and listened to some song about teenage angst(?).

Close?
      February 2, 2017 4:21 PM MST

• Dam good try :)
    Bindies grow in lawns or grass... really small..about a millimeter but yes they ate a thorn abs hurt Like hell
    A Matilda is a swag... which is a type of bedroll used by people who travel the roads looking for work... waltzing Matilda is the"dance" if you like as you carry your swag about
     i was only 19 is about a conscripts journey through Vietnam... the guy was only 19 when he went... talks about the horrors of war ... it is on you tube.. you should watch and listen... it's a beautiful poetic song..
    And the servo is a service station or garage...whew... instant course on Strine :)
      February 2, 2017 5:01 PM MST

• Waltz the Matilda I had some reference on from movies but didn't know exactly what it meant.  Servo was kinda obvious a service station.
    Thanks,  I'll check the song out.
      February 2, 2017 5:12 PM MST

• A valiant attempt, Glis, but your interpretation came out worse than Google translate. 
    The matilda is a tramp's swag -- his bed roll -- and to waltz your matilda is to hit the wallaby (and, no, that's not attacking a small, leaping marsupial). You were right about the bindies. They're Satan's genetically altered burrs and are so big they could be used as road spikes by the highway patrol. The Aeroguard is a spray on insect repellent and, although she didn't burn herself at the barbie you were right about the servo. That only leaves "I was only 19" which isn't a song about teen angst but about the Vietnam War. I'll add a clip for you. 

Good try for the comment and although I'd have marked it Fail if you lived here I'll give you a B+ for a valiant effort. 

February 2, 2017 5:32 PM MST

• Oh I've heard that song before.

We got Off! instead of Aeroguard but I go for Ben's 100% uncut DEET.
      February 2, 2017 5:44 PM MST

• Called all blokes Mate, called all sheilas Love, and drank Fosters.
      February 2, 2017 3:45 PM MST

Hey Didge see my answer;))
      February 2, 2017 5:34 PM MST

I had some Fosters...excellent brew.
      February 3, 2017 6:22 AM MST

• Not a bad drop. Back in 1985 the first iron man triathlon in Australia was held at Forster in NSW and was sponsored by Toohey's Brewery. I attended the presentation dinner and almost every prize winner thanked "Fosters" for their generosity, which really pissed off Tooheys. Mrs Didge and i trained for it the following year, we were fit enough to do it, and with a couple of months to go Tooheys pulled out of sponsoring it and it wasn't held. So my one chance at triathlon glory went down in a flood of Fosters. It went ahead with a new sponsor in '87 but by that time I'd killed my knees. 
      February 3, 2017 1:46 PM MST

are related to Didge;))
      February 2, 2017 5:33 PM MST

• Well, I'll admit to being prolific. 
    My mother had 12 siblings, dad had 6 or 7, Mrs Didge's family had lots. then we produced 5 kids and 13 assorted grand kids and great grand kids, so I guess there's a good chance you'd have to be related, somewhere down the line. 
      February 2, 2017 7:05 PM MST

you say "Crikey!"
      February 8, 2017 2:57 PM MST

• .............. "do your best thinking in the dunny."

October 1, 2017 10:52 PM MDT