Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » It's always easy to send someone else's child to fight a war instead of your own. Do you agree?

It's always easy to send someone else's child to fight a war instead of your own. Do you agree?

Posted - February 3, 2017

Responses

Kind of except if it was easy to be rich we all would be walking around with silver spoons up our butts. Again, it sucks to be poor.
      February 3, 2017 7:15 AM MST

• Sure didn't bother my Dad to drag me by the hair to the recruitment station and off I went. Yes, it's easy for some to just send others off to fight and die while they sit back and reap the profits. War is truly hell!
      February 3, 2017 7:25 AM MST

I should think it would weigh heavily on the mind and heart to send someone off to war.  If it truly meant the defense of this country, it might be justifiable, but not easy for a person with principles and integrity.

February 3, 2017 7:38 AM MST

No.  I don't think any president in my lifetime has found that an easy task.   

You talk like it is something you've experienced.  Tell us about that.
      February 3, 2017 8:58 AM MST

No parent who loves their children would purposely put their children in danger.
    But the choice is not ours to make if the child is of an age where he or she chooses to go.
    And if that is the choice they do make all we can do as a parent is give them our love and support.
      February 3, 2017 11:03 AM MST

Yep
      February 3, 2017 3:30 PM MST