Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » We were asked the question to reflect upon.. how are you at following rules.. what sort of person are you, a follower or a breaker of rules?

We were asked the question to reflect upon.. how are you at following rules.. what sort of person are you, a follower or a breaker of rules?

I am a follower of rules to the point of being a stickler for rules but ONLY if they are logical and fair and also more importantly fairly and consistently applied - otherwise I don't consider them worth following... and I will resent and complain... and try to overturn.. because I hate unfairness and illogic..

So what kind are you? 

Posted - February 3, 2017

Responses

• Like you, I will generally follow the rules unless I just think they are wrong or unjust. But I usually just keep my big mouth shut to keep from getting myself in trouble. I have that tendency at times.
      February 3, 2017 8:17 AM MST

• Oh cool.. you are wise.. I am *always* getting into trouble for my big mouth.. I truly cannot stand by and say nothing.. I am quiet and shy by nature but there's something in me that makes me put my hand up and speak out, or that forces my feet to go tell someone what I think.   I did it just today :P  
      February 3, 2017 9:15 AM MST

• I do that too! Just trying to curb my mouth! LOL 
      February 3, 2017 9:18 AM MST

• I've tried and failed :P
      February 3, 2017 10:34 AM MST

•   February 3, 2017 11:02 AM MST

I think I'm neither. I don't break major rules deliberately, however I do not always stick to the rules at all times.
      February 3, 2017 8:20 AM MST

• I guess a pusher of the boundaries.  I have a tendency to see where the line is with them.

I am scofflaw at times. I smoke dope and scoff at building permits for something like a shed  on my own property.  So I guess I don't always play by all the rules. I accept the consequences and accept I'm taking a gamble when I do it though.
    The only people I really hold to higher standard are people who are there to create and enforce those rules I find silly and unfair.
      February 3, 2017 8:21 AM MST

• I am a rule breaker, but I used to work at a jail and I always told myself that I didn't want to end up in there so I break rules, but only to a point.
    Having freedom is a balance.
      February 3, 2017 8:34 AM MST

• I follow the rules for the most part. I will break them if need be, but normally, I follow em!
      February 3, 2017 8:37 AM MST

Hello DTD:

Rules???  I don't need no stinkin rules..  I make up my own.  I like 'em better than theirs, too..  Let's just take marijahoochie, which I DO.. MY rules, say it's just fine and dandy..  THEIR rules say my LIFE should be RUINED if I wanted to partake..

THEIR rules SUCK..

excon
    This post was edited by excon at February 3, 2017 8:40 AM MST
      February 3, 2017 8:37 AM MST

• I hear that!
      February 3, 2017 8:41 AM MST

• Yes I get that too.  I have my own set of morals and rules, I make them so I can live with them and I can even adjust them if needed - others might well judge me for the things I have done but since I don't much care what they think and I am true to myself - then I can live with that :)
      February 3, 2017 9:18 AM MST

Generally speaking, I just do what I believe is right.  I don't follow rules simply to conform and often openly disregard those I feel are not logical or justified.  At times it comes down to whether I am willing to suffer the consequences, though.  

I believe everyone, intentionally or unknowingly, breaks the rules at times, though.  There are simply too many laws and they vary from location to location for it to be otherwise.  
      February 3, 2017 8:58 AM MST

• "Moi!?"

February 3, 2017 9:05 AM MST

• Poor pussy!
      February 3, 2017 9:20 AM MST

• Poor pussy?  Didn't you hear her!?  A peanut butter sandwich! 

February 3, 2017 9:32 AM MST

• I was a bit worried about the blender.... :P
      February 3, 2017 10:31 AM MST

• Of course.
      February 3, 2017 12:21 PM MST

If the rules are made for my protection I will follow them. Such as wearing my seatbelt, or stopping at stop signs and red lights.
    But if it not breaking the law I may not follow the rules I don't agree with.
      February 3, 2017 9:22 AM MST

• Exactly. Me too.. though in saying that some of the rules that are supposedly for our protection are a bit over the top..so I guess follow them if they make sense :)
      February 3, 2017 10:32 AM MST