Discussion » Questions » Music » Did anyone's music ever stir you more than the rest?

Did anyone's music ever stir you more than the rest?

Music that makes you miss someone so terribly.

Posted - February 3, 2017

Responses

• So so so so many.. sorry for so many so's but you get the picture..  I am a real lyrics nut and find when set to music they are so incredibly powerful... 

A few, recent, ones spring to mind.. an old song called when I dream.. it's about a woman who supposedly has everything but, when i dream, I dream of you.. I find that SO powerful... 

An old fav, that now has a kinda not so nice twist for me as in my head I change a word or two but it is a famous song.. I can't live if living is without you.. the lyrics go, "you always smile but in your eyes the sorrow shows." sadly in my head that's now in your eyes your hatefulness, nastiness, meanness or something like that.. as I remember someone I loved who betrayed me badly and when I went to talk to him about it, to get his side he was just so unbelievably angry, an evil horrible side I had never seen before... I know he was defensive but even so it shocked me how evil he could be...

lol and that's just two out of hundreds of songs..
      February 3, 2017 2:34 PM MST

Yep. And I have the perfect song right here. 

February 3, 2017 3:35 PM MST

• Yeah, that has to be one of the worst feelings.
      February 3, 2017 3:41 PM MST

• An artist I discovered last year stirs me... The White Buffalo. Think just timing I found him. I like all his music... Lots. But makes me sad too. I think that's what stirs means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu8qsC1WLiE

February 3, 2017 7:49 PM MST

•   February 4, 2017 2:23 AM MST

• "Yes" ... this song was used as the closing song to the series "Northern Exposure." It was like loosing an old friend.
                 Iris Dement - "Our Town"

February 4, 2017 8:56 PM MST