Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Is answerMug failing in it's duty to observe political correctness?

Is answerMug failing in it's duty to observe political correctness?

I wanted to ask some questions about birds but there's no "bird" category. Is this birdist? How would a bird feel about being grouped with animals?

Posted - February 3, 2017

Responses

• Dunno Didge!
      February 3, 2017 5:47 PM MST

• No wonder they're angry! 
      February 3, 2017 5:51 PM MST

•   February 3, 2017 5:54 PM MST

Birds are Animals This post was edited by my2cents at February 3, 2017 5:53 PM MST
      February 3, 2017 5:47 PM MST

• I just told that to one of our local kookaburras. If I had skype connected you'd be able to hear him laughing. :)
      February 3, 2017 5:51 PM MST

A bird should first speak English,then it should be a computer literate and somehow tap the keys of a computer and lastly but most importantly it should be an answer mugger....only then it will know gross injustice meted out to it sighhhh
      February 3, 2017 6:16 PM MST

• So an Indian mynah would not be offended at being called an animal? Surely that can't be right. :(
      February 3, 2017 8:19 PM MST

I think it might feel BIG and happy;))
    serioulsy you are right Didge!
      February 4, 2017 12:28 PM MST

Yes.  Because I read recently that Answer Mug representatives think some women need to get smacked because you know, some women are just pains in the butt. 

Some of them deserve a smack right upside the head, according to the powers that be.  Does that seem politically correct to you?

February 3, 2017 10:09 PM MST

• Sharonna, if I said anything but NO!!! in a very loud voice it would be me getting slappe up the head and it would be Mrs Didge who did the slapping. 

But is there a serious side to your question? Did somebody actually suggest that?
      February 3, 2017 10:36 PM MST

• "Animal, Mineral or Vegetable?"  Which are they?  Which are you!? :)
      February 3, 2017 10:32 PM MST

• Oh, I'm definitely an animal, Alf. My dog thinks I'm a big dog but that's probably because of my beard. But there's more to life than a simple breakdown of animal/mineral//vegetable and we should have a separate category for our feathered friends.
      February 3, 2017 10:38 PM MST

• I don't want to say anything out of turn, because I don't run this site. 
       You and I are concerned about questions being in the correct category, but not all the members
    have been here long enough to realize the benefit of using the different categories. Some members don't think it's that important and don't.
       Since the site was founded, there have been categories have been used as "catch-alls" and held questions that belonged in other categories that were available. Even now, the "Entertainment" category would be holding most the television and movie questions, even though there is a special category for them. Yes ... TV is entertainment ... like birds are animals.
       Even after a request, from the site, to use the proper categories, there is still a need for monitoring that practice. Newer members, who don't know the site yet and put everything into the answerMug category.  Other members that just pick the first thing looks okay or not. So, what I guess I'm saying is ... subcategories are fine, if they are used, but that's not always the case.
       I have nothing against birds. :)  Message Just Asking and tell her of your concern.
      February 4, 2017 12:30 AM MST

• Mea culpa. The whole topic was suggested as a joke. Clearly, it fell flat. 

To be serious for a moment, yes I do try to put questions in the appropriate category but sometimes I use the categories to form questions. So I might pick animals and ask five animal questions, or transport, or babies and kids, or books, or whatever, then ask five questions based loosely around that topic. It's just away of tapping into my subconscious to try to find interesting questions. Clearly, this one fell flat. :(
      February 4, 2017 12:53 AM MST

• Sorry for the misunderstanding. Written communication can be tougher to interpret than other types.

February 4, 2017 1:36 AM MST

(its)
      February 3, 2017 11:19 PM MST

• It's always good to have somebody on hand to correct my spelling, Randy. An inverted comma in a possessive pronoun? Darn! We bow to your erudition.
      February 4, 2017 12:56 AM MST