Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Guys, what is the number one thing you want or seek in a romantic/love relationship?

Guys, what is the number one thing you want or seek in a romantic/love relationship?

Posted - February 4, 2017

Responses

I'm married, so I don't look for any romance or love. 
    Hey, wait . . .
    ~
      February 4, 2017 12:30 AM MST

• Love it. Now keep that screen turned away from Mrs Randy. :D
      February 4, 2017 1:18 AM MST

Oops, here she comes!  I've got to go, bye!

"No, Dear, I was just now logging off. I'll be right there."
    ~
      February 4, 2017 5:03 PM MST

• I used to do the breakfast program on a community radio station. On Thursday mornings I was followed by a woman named Jane Doe (I can't name her on line) who presented a feminist program for three hours. I always invited her in to preview her show and one morning as she left I announced, "I'm dedicating the next song to Jane Doe." That's when I played I want a woman who treats me like a dog. A few seconds later her scowling face re-appeared around the door of the studio.

I say what a man looks for in romance is exactly the opposite of a woman who treats him like a dog. He doesn't need a minder, or a keeper, or a servant, or (heaven forbid) a mother. He wants somebody to share his life and to offer a personality of her own that he can share. 
      February 4, 2017 1:23 AM MST

• LOL very nice but you neglected to note that some men LOVE to be treated like a dog.. I mean they literally beg for it :P
      February 4, 2017 2:50 AM MST

• I was watching an old episode of New Tricks recently and there was a dominatrix who said that some of her clients PAID to be treated like dogs. :)
      February 4, 2017 3:48 AM MST

• LOL *yes* that's what I had in mind :P
      February 4, 2017 12:11 PM MST

And some women, too.  Look at some of the crap that women put up with from men, AND either stay in the relationship or keep bouncing from one bad guy to another. 
    ~
      February 4, 2017 6:59 AM MST

• LOL believe it or not I am erm somewhat very well informed on all matters sexual - I could write a book.. it's kinda a pet study of mine and has been for the last 10 years or so...

So yes, I know - and further there are differences between women and men who WANT to be mistreated and made to beg etc.. and those who do so because they are damaged people who are being abused and keep repeating the abusive cycle..  Sometimes there is crossover as a fair few submissive males and females have damage in their past/present.
      February 4, 2017 12:07 PM MST

• Put me down for a copy when you get it finished, Daydream. Will it be illustrated? 

Some years ago I was far from home on a bus trip and, at a rest stop, found a self-published book written by a woman who had hitch hiked her way around Australia with truckies. It was an account of her adventures. She had left copies of it, on approval, at truck stops all over the country. Smart move. I'm sorry I didn't buy a copy.
      February 4, 2017 1:14 PM MST

• Thats clever, I didn't get it the first time I read it. )
      February 4, 2017 3:46 PM MST

I really enjoyed ' somebody to share his life and to offer a personality of her own that he can share'... :) I hope there are guys out there JUST like that , D :)  It seems to me guys just want intimacy right away, not friendship or really getting to know someone before rushing into things... I hope I can find one like you described .. ty D
      February 5, 2017 8:47 AM MST

• Why would a guy want friendship and really getting to know somebody at the beginning of a relationship. I don't remember ,
    Ever, looking at a girl across the room, and wondering about friendship and about how am I going to get to really know her. 
    That doesn't mean im thinking about having sex with her, I could like her for many different reasons, but thinking, "Hm, I wonder what is she looking for in a friend" is not one of them. 
    And any guy who says that isnot being honest and probably is the one really thinking a bout introducing you to his little friend.
    No? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 5, 2017 9:30 AM MST
      February 5, 2017 9:23 AM MST

Why would a guy want friendship with a woman he is attracted to? For same reason I'd want it; I can't have a foundation/basis without feeling I'm connected and friends with him as a Person , before being a 'lover' or bf etc. If I don't want to know about him and what he likes (that is what friends do) what would it say about me as then a girlfriend down the line? That I only want him for his looks or body really.. not his mind and likes - I don't mean that  a guy needs to think, oh she must be my good friend! by looking at her /being attracted, but I've known quite a few stories and people say 'we were friends for years first' ... I guess it could be either way, going straight to romance, or being friends first, I think I'd choose friends first .. romance won't 'always' be present, talking, joking, etc are something that I 'd like too .. Imo
      February 5, 2017 11:31 PM MST

• i dont think you understood what i meant. good luck.
      February 6, 2017 8:18 AM MST

• Someone who's not a nag. 
    That's 95 percent of it all for me. . .well. . 96.
      February 4, 2017 2:40 AM MST

Are you married, Lago? I think men who are married for years seem to call their wife a 'nag', in my opinion I've heard that... I think what I mean is in the beginning stage where you really like a woman, her being, her thoughts, or appearance too and what would you like to STAY in a romance relationship?
      February 4, 2017 10:00 AM MST

I've been married for more than a couple of decades, and while I don't refer to my wife as a nag, nor does she nag me all the time, she does, however, have a tendency to nag me every now and then. 

Some of a person's negative aspects (or faults) are insufficient grounds in their partner's mind to leave the relationship. 
    ~ This post was edited by Randy D at February 4, 2017 8:29 PM MST
      February 4, 2017 2:19 PM MST

• There is a difference between talking things thru and getting things done and nagging. I believe nagging comes from an incompatibility of characters or from old deep seated animosities hat have not been resolved properly.
    What I may consider nagging somebody else may consider coaxing, or concerned, or just making sure something gets taken care of. 
    I am not calling anybody a nag, I would have not stayed with somebody that was.
    I'm not really understanding the second part of your question tho. Can you explain that for me?
      February 4, 2017 3:57 PM MST

I was wondering in second part of question what 'quality' you would like most in a romantic relationship.. not maybe what she should not be, but what 'is' she to you, that would be joyous or something you'd admire to be with someone/like them etc.. ?
      February 4, 2017 8:32 PM MST

• I'd say be quick to laugh, quick to forgive, and just be nice and compassionate to others,  someone who's going to be free and let me be free. Someone who laughs at my jokes and thinks I'm the best thing since stuffed crust pizza.
      February 4, 2017 9:09 PM MST

I like that description; someone who loves humor would be my first choice as well.. no doubt :) For me, someone also who doesn't criticize/overly analytical, and who is happy sitting or relaxing vs. always on the go/seeking adventure... ty L ...
      February 4, 2017 9:34 PM MST

• Next time I call my wife a nag will be the first. Of course, we're newlyweds. Haven't got our first 60 years up yet. Ask me again after that.
      February 4, 2017 5:10 PM MST

Female. NO SUBSTITUTES! And she has to be smaller than I am. There is no chemistry between me and a big woman.
      February 4, 2017 3:53 AM MST