Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What would life be like if all the policemen went on strike?

What would life be like if all the policemen went on strike?

I do not even want to consider such a thing.

Posted - July 10, 2016

Responses

Very rational thinking Pearl, I agree totally!!

July 10, 2016 6:02 PM MDT

Andy, uhhh, dude, this wasn't my question. Lol
      July 10, 2016 8:24 PM MDT

And yet again a Usual Suspect (with another Usual Suspect cheering her on) says (in barely hidden euphemism) that Nig....er, poor/urban/ethnic people killing each other en masse  would be a good thing....

And then they're shocked...SHOCKED when people call them racist...;-D...

July 10, 2016 8:29 PM MDT

I haven't heard of a hate cops movement. I am aware of a movement that suggests that racial profiling is inappropriate, and that something could be done about the disproportionate killing of people of one colour. They haven't ever said in their material that all police are evil or guilty or that they hate cops. 

July 10, 2016 11:53 PM MDT

July 10, 2016 11:59 PM MDT

• (applauds Old School) You don't miss a THING, do you ! LOL !

July 11, 2016 12:17 AM MDT

Chaos, total chaos. Pretty sure you know what Romans 13:1-4 says. The majority are good and put their lives at risk to protect as seen recently in Dallas where the police protected protesters.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dallas-police-ambush/dallas-surviv...

"The second bullet hit the police officer standing in front of her, a hefty man with a bald head. And as his body slumped forward to the ground, the officer yelled out to Taylor and her kids.

"He has a gun! Run!"

"Police officers came rushing to their side and jumped on top of the mother and son to form a human shield. Protected under the layer of police, Taylor saw bullets strike another officer and his body fall to the ground.

"It was hundreds of rounds. I had never heard of anything like that before," an emotionally fraught Taylor said through tears on Sunday.

Officers on the scene rushed Taylor and her son to the hospital, where she would be whisked into surgery for a gunshot wound that struck her calf and through her shin."

"

July 11, 2016 3:19 AM MDT

Hello Stepper, I keep reading this and am unclear. From your last sentence, is your side the side that is a cop-hate movement? It don't sound like you.

July 11, 2016 3:25 AM MDT

July 11, 2016 5:33 AM MDT

Sorry to hear that Stepper, both, the cop-hate as well as the mistreatment you experienced with cops.

In the distant past, cops have stood by and watched mobs attack JW's. In the present, sometimes they tell JW's they cannot preach door to door. They are wrong but JW's don't argue but rather move on to another territory and come back another time. 

When I was a teen, I woke up to a shattered back window on my car. For some dumb reason I called the police to report it. They accused me of laying in the back seat and kicking out the back window myself for supposed insurance purposes since it was bowed out. I had minimum liability. From what someone told me cars have safety glass that is designed to bow out. Either way, I know it was broken from someone else from the outside.

Another time when I was a young adult, I picked up some old friends from school that I saw walking. They reeked of pot. I got pulled over for a rolling stop. The police kept accusing me of smoking pot and insisted that I tell them where it is. Didn't have any and hadn't smoked pot since well before I graduated High School. 

In my mid to late 20's I got jumped by about a half dozen guys in my apartment complex. I made the mistake of asking my neighbor to turn down his radio instead of calling the police. Afterwards I called the police and they came and took a report. Later I called to follow up and finally a detective got in touch with me and talked me out of filing charges saying since they didn't use weapons it was just a misdemeanor and the most they would likely get if their first offence was a $50 fine. He let me know it wasn't worth his time. 

My 1/2 brother had been mistreated by the police at least once that I can think of. I think they broke his ankle when he was being arrested? He was often involved in criminal behavior though while all the examples above involved innocent people.

Of course all of those personal experiences were minor compared to someone being killed by the police so my heart goes out to those that have lost an innocent loved one to police error or police murder. Some are bad and most likely all make mistakes in their jobs. I don't hate them. 

They definitely make mistakes but I can't imagine life in this system without them.

July 11, 2016 5:58 AM MDT

July 11, 2016 6:44 AM MDT

I look forward to the time when we will not have to depend on potluck police in good and bad and sometimes biased judges in hoping for justice. Even the honest ones get lost in the words of a slick lawyer.

(Isaiah 11:1-5) A twig will grow out of the stump of Jesʹse, And a sprout from his roots will bear fruit.  2 And the spirit of Jehovah will settle upon him, The spirit of wisdom and of understanding, The spirit of counsel and of mightiness, The spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Jehovah.  3 And he will find delight in the fear of Jehovah. He will not judge by what appears to his eyes, Nor reprove simply according to what his ears hear.  4 He will judge the lowly with fairness, And with uprightness he will give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth And put the wicked to death with the breath of his lips.  5 Righteousness will be the belt around his waist, And faithfulness the belt of his hips.

July 11, 2016 7:13 AM MDT

Some people would go nuts thinking they could just take and do what they want. Definitely a reason to have a firearm in the home.
      July 11, 2016 7:15 AM MDT

I don't want to even think about it.

July 11, 2016 12:01 PM MDT

It wouldn't be a good thing.

July 11, 2016 12:10 PM MDT

• What would life be like if police stopped protecting the racists in their ranks, the ones who KEEP getting caught sending texts about the "monkeys" and "apes"  they "have to police" ! What if people didn't have to fear both police AND the criminals in their neighborhoods ! What if policemen like my brother who joined the force to help people weren't tainted by that crap and immediately distrusted by both the people AND white fellow officers !

What would life be like THEN ?

July 11, 2016 12:11 PM MDT

It would look like detroit
      July 11, 2016 8:36 PM MDT

• I wouldn't like it but can't say I would fault the police if they ever went on strike with the anti cop sentiment of that being cops worse than terrorists.

If police safety stopped we'll see if the anti-police sentiment is really true when law is removed and see just how much people really "care" about each other then.

July 11, 2016 9:38 PM MDT

Yup, pretty much. Pretty sure there was unlawlessness before there were police. All a reasonable person needs to do is watch the news or youtube or hangout in drug areas of major cities to see how kind people are to one another when the police are not around. Or even look how 'friendly fire' from a cop hater hit some protesting against the cops and how the police swarmed in to protect the protesters.

The majority are good and put their lives at risk to protect as seen recently in Dallas where the police protected protesters.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dallas-police-ambush/dallas-surviv...

July 12, 2016 4:34 AM MDT

July 12, 2016 5:21 AM MDT

Just look at Baltimore, where cops were told to stand down. Businesses got burned and looted.
      July 12, 2016 6:23 AM MDT

Same thing in Ferguson, MO.

Police stood by while the city burned.

July 12, 2016 6:46 AM MDT

Right, and how many black lives Rudy Giuliani saved by being tough on crime?
      July 12, 2016 8:10 AM MDT

• I agree. What people don't get is that cops are human too. I would love to see these protesters think they have what it takes to be a cop for a month in the bigger cities particularly higher crime areas. I love how people seem to think it's as easy as drinking water. Truth is to be a cop you would have to quickly think on your feet constantly and if criminals think you are weak... they will strike at you physically or through manipulation. One mistake and you are dead. The criminal isn't going to wait for you to make that decision and it's funny that protesters seem to simplify it.

July 12, 2016 5:33 PM MDT

bij~ I am sorry that happened to your brother, or anyone else in the same situation, It ought not be so.

July 12, 2016 9:56 PM MDT