Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Let's say trump drops dead from a heart attack. Pence becomes prez. Will things be any different? Better, worse or the same?

Let's say trump drops dead from a heart attack. Pence becomes prez. Will things be any different? Better, worse or the same?

Posted - February 4, 2017

Responses

The general consensus is that it would be worse, but no reasons are ever given. 
      February 4, 2017 1:15 PM MST

I don't think anyone in his gang would be any better.
    Let's say they all died in a plane crash. Who would take over then?
      February 4, 2017 1:20 PM MST

One can only hope that the whole administration gets impeached. I won't be holding my breath though.
      February 4, 2017 1:37 PM MST

I am afraid that we are stuck for the next 4 years with what we have as sad as that is.
      February 4, 2017 1:41 PM MST

Speaker of the House - Paul Ryan.
      February 4, 2017 3:26 PM MST

I want him on that plane too LOL.
      February 4, 2017 3:29 PM MST

I agree.  Let's see if we like any of the remaining successors better: 
    • President pro tempore of the Senate        
    • Secretary of State
    • Secretary of the Treasury  
    • Secretary of Defense       
    • Attorney General
    • Secretary of the Interior     
    • Secretary of Agriculture        
    • Secretary of Commerce
    • Secretary of Labor  
    • Secretary of Health and Human Services
    • Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
    • Secretary of Transportation
    • Secretary of Energy
    • Secretary of Education        
    • Secretary of Veterans Affairs       
    • Secretary of Homeland Security

February 4, 2017 10:17 PM MST

Nope, we are in trouble no matter who we pick on that list.
    We will just have to put up with them for now.
      February 5, 2017 7:30 AM MST

I agree unless he fills the balance of his cabinet with someone who is more acceptable.
      February 5, 2017 5:24 PM MST

No punchable faces please.
      February 4, 2017 5:27 PM MST

Sorry - but that is the line of succession - President, Vice President, Speaker of the House.  So far, I can't think of anyone in Trump's cabinet that doesn't have a punchable face. 
      February 4, 2017 10:08 PM MST

• . . . Punchable face . . .  

Thats funny. )
      February 4, 2017 10:12 PM MST

That was Zack - Gen Xer's description. :)
      February 4, 2017 10:19 PM MST

• Oh sorry ,
    Still funny tho, )
      February 4, 2017 10:32 PM MST

Sure was. :)
      February 5, 2017 5:28 PM MST

• I've kinda thought about that, don't ask why.
    Disclaimer: I have no plans to harm the Donald in any way.

Anyway, I think Pence would probably be better for foreign policy, less likely to start sh_t with other countries for no reason, but I think he's pretty hard-core conservative so I don't think Pence as President would be good for gay rights or any issues requiring a liberal mind set.
    He's not very progressive, but then again who knows what the hell Trump really thinks either.
    Thanks. : )
      February 4, 2017 1:49 PM MST

• You know.. since everyone knows I am fond of commenting on anything Trump related... I thought I should offer my opinion .. I hear a lot that Pence would be worse, and I get he isn't everyone's dream prez but I just cannot help thinking that at least he isn't a raving loony.. we may not like what Pence says and wants but at least he comes across as a sane sentient bein.

PS re Trump being assassinated... I say again that a guy from my home town DID try to kill trump..  I love my home town so much.. disclaimer I do NOT want to kill Trump and am not saying it's nice to kill anyone, well... no no it's still wrong ... but can't help dreaming.
      February 4, 2017 2:04 PM MST

I did say heart attack...so I don't need a disclaimer.
      February 4, 2017 5:23 PM MST

No one knows for sure.
      February 4, 2017 5:32 PM MST

Coronary heart disease is common among men his age, but I don't think there's been any reports of him having it. Heart attack and stroke is unlikely if the arteries are clear of plaque. 

But, for argument sake, let's assume he does have it, hypothetically, so I can answer your question. 

The people didn't vote for Pence to become prez, sooooooooooooooooooooo, I would doubt they will want to keep him in for long. Everything he would do would be under scrutiny from EVERYBODY! 
      February 4, 2017 9:37 PM MST

• While a heart attack may be wishful thinking impeachment -- sooner rather than later -- is a very real possibility. That would put Pence in the White House unless he's silly enough to get involved in Trump's personal agenda. 

He appears to be an arch conservative, which wouldn't go to lifting the pressure much, yet he is an experienced politician. He would understand that the President can't always be thinking of his personal advantage. I think that world diplomacy would probably be more stable under Pence but he may be no better for Americans.
      February 4, 2017 9:50 PM MST

Pence at least has governmental executive experience as governor of a fairly large state. I'd take him over Trump any day.
      February 4, 2017 11:11 PM MST

I think that is the most insidious point of all.  We are screwed unless we bomb the White House and do a cleansing.
      February 5, 2017 7:33 AM MST

Hello Chief:

I don't like Pence, but he's NOT nuts..

excon
      February 5, 2017 7:34 AM MST