Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Nothing compares to you?

Nothing compares to you?

Category: Silly Questions.

Link: https://youtu.be/SJwb_KXWsbk

Posted - February 4, 2017

Responses

:   (  It is a sad song. This post was edited by Sunshine at February 5, 2017 11:46 AM MST
      February 4, 2017 4:39 PM MST

Mhmm. In any sadness there is a hope for change too. 
      February 5, 2017 6:09 AM MST

Nothing Compares 2 U was written by Prince.  In 1985, The Family, a funk band created as an outlet for some of Prince's songs released it on their one and only album, The Family.  However, at that point, it had not been released as a single.

**About her relationship with Prince in an interview with Norwegian station NRK in November 2014 O'Connor said, "I did meet him a couple of times. We didn't get on at all. In fact, we had a punch-up." She continued: "He summoned me to his house after 'Nothing Compares 2 U.' I made it without him. I'd never met him. He summoned me to his house—and it's foolish to do this to an Irish woman—he said he didn't like me saying bad words in interviews. So I told him to fuck off." O'Connor said: "He got quite violent. I had to escape out of his house at five in the morning. He packed a bigger punch than mine."[3]*

Sinade O'Conner changed  the fist line of the song from "13 days" to "15 days."
    Her arrangement of this song earned her international success in 1990.  It went Platinum and was the third best-selling song in 1990
    Her video for this song was described as iconic and got heavy play on MTV.

Personally, I absolutely love this song.  Her voice is clear and strong, yet, soft and longing all at the same time.  This is a beautiful picture of her as well.

Point of Reference:  ** Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

February 4, 2017 4:40 PM MST

I knew Prince wrote this one originally, and gave it beautifully himself. Wasn't aware that they did not get along well. Great story, thanks. :-)
      February 4, 2017 4:46 PM MST

You're welcome. :)  Learning about the history of the song was fun.  I didn't know any of that.  I just knew I loved her version and her beautiful voice!  I'm glad you posted it .! :) :)
      February 4, 2017 5:04 PM MST

Thank you, and truly can we always get more history and knowledge. I love that, I love when my questions does that. I love how they take their own life and brings us around. Yay.
      February 5, 2017 6:12 AM MST

Me too!  Happy! Happy!
      February 5, 2017 10:55 AM MST

Summoned or invited? She made what without him? Foolish to do this to an Irish woman, she says? Invite one to your house and have the audacity to express a politically correct  opinion must be foolish. Love the song but from this can't stand the woman.
      February 4, 2017 6:36 PM MST

Hi O-uknow~ That quote from Wikepedia was kind of bizarre. I know she is very out spoken and can be very political.

I totally agree with you about the song.  I think she does a great arrangement and her voice sends the message beautifully.

As far as her feelings and statements about Prince, this, that, and the other, well... who knows?  I just agree that she sings it beautifully.  I hope to see you soon on another question :) :)
      February 5, 2017 10:54 AM MST

You got dat right.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 5, 2017 2:07 PM MST
      February 4, 2017 9:37 PM MST

Mhmm.
      February 5, 2017 6:13 AM MST

• I'm sure something must, probability-ily.
      February 5, 2017 2:44 AM MST

Oomph, that's statistics.. isn't it?
      February 5, 2017 6:17 AM MST

• Im sure that mathematical accuracy was not was Prince had in mind when he made such a sweeping statement. 
    That's funny. )
      February 5, 2017 11:52 AM MST

• Don't you think it would have been better? 'Nothing compares to you ... except'. 
    That's what's lacking in mosern music, mathematical accuracy. You made me laugh too. )
      February 5, 2017 2:32 PM MST

• "Maybe It's a Good Thing!" :)

February 5, 2017 6:49 AM MST

February 5, 2017 6:51 AM MST