Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » Do you have any special preparation to get your creativity working?

Do you have any special preparation to get your creativity working?

Rudyard Kipling said that if he didn't use purple ink on green paper his "daemon" wouldn't talk to him. Is there anything you do when you want to be creative? 

Posted - February 4, 2017

Responses

Umm nothing in particular Didge, but I love experimenting with new ideas,sometimes when the creativity bug gets into me then I go berserk....ha ha....I will cook something entirely new or take even aluminum foil and make a piece of art...you already know my love for words....so I go about writing  as if some spirit has entered me ....;))
      February 4, 2017 11:26 PM MST

• I know what you mean. When I was writing my novel some of the ideas that came out left me wondering where the heck they'd come from. It seems that once you get started your subconscious starts making connections. 
      February 4, 2017 11:28 PM MST

So true Didge, I just sit at my desk and tap away afraid that I might lose my line of thought,there are times when I pulled my car into a parking slot and scribbled away;)) You write beautifully Didge, I was just going through your blogs!
      February 4, 2017 11:34 PM MST

• I put on my headphones and crank up 60's and 70's music. That gets me going every time. 
      February 4, 2017 11:38 PM MST

• Thanks for that. 

I once heard an Australian songwriter interviewed. He'd lived in a tiny flat/apartment in the inner city for years and thought he'd get more inspiration with a sea scape. So he spent lots of money on a beautiful home on the coast, and his inspiration dried up. He realised then that it was the crowds of people that got his ideas flowing.
      February 5, 2017 12:18 AM MST

• I can understand that, if it's too quiet I have a hard time concentrating on things. 
      February 5, 2017 9:02 AM MST

There are three things that well encourage my creativity. Seeing something beautiful in nature, going to an art museum or listening to classical music.
      February 5, 2017 9:30 AM MST

• All three are good but there can be exceptions. Check my comment below Karen's answer. :)
      February 5, 2017 11:21 AM MST