Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » When you HEAR what Trump SAYS, his handlers tell us we HEARD wrong, and HERE is what he MEANT. Are we EVER supposed to believe his words??

When you HEAR what Trump SAYS, his handlers tell us we HEARD wrong, and HERE is what he MEANT. Are we EVER supposed to believe his words??

Hello:

W
atch the interview during today's halftime..  Trump SAYS that American leaders ARE as EVIL as Putin.  His handlers say he MEANT the moon is made of green cheese..

I
t's kinda crazy, isn't it?

excon

Posted - February 5, 2017

Responses

Press secretaries, pundits, challengers, opponents, proponents, supporters, detractors, members of the general public, etc have been doing that with various and sundry politicians' words for decades, if not for a century, including politicians with whom you agree or whom you like. Why does it seem to you to be some kind of newly-invented wheel with this particular politician?

:|
      February 5, 2017 10:07 AM MST

Hello again, Randy:

It's true.  S
    OME explanation is necessary.  But, they're NOT explaining..  They're asking me to believe them, or my LYING ears..  And, I ain't going for the okee doak.  Why are you?  I thought you LOVED the language..  No, huh?

e
    xcon
      February 5, 2017 10:23 AM MST

Again, it's nothing new or vastly different with Trump in comparison with many other politicians, both present and former. Spin has always been part and parcel of politics, and attempts to sway people for or against certain ideals is what defines spin. The fact that you're anti-Trump (which you have every right to be) is perhaps a barrier to seeing that it's politics as usual, and that all sides play the exact same games. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, etc, have all after the fact had their words analyzed and hashed and rehashed and laid at the feet of the people by their handlers too. 
    ~
      February 5, 2017 12:26 PM MST

• To some extent, in some countries but surely you'd agree that the level we are experiencing this phenomenon with Trump is unparalleled?  I personally cannot think of any that were even a quarter as dreadful... I mean I know Bush was a joke with his misspeaking but this is something else.
      February 5, 2017 1:07 PM MST

Again, his detractors take literally what his supporters take seriously. There you have the disconnect.
      February 5, 2017 10:12 AM MST

• Ya know I don't know if it's just that.. I mean.. take me for example.. I hate him BECAUSE he's an ignorant, offensive, idiot who I could no more respect than fly through the air...  If he spoke reasonably and made sense and wasn't such an a-word then I would be fine with him.. it wouldn't bother me...  

People are objecting just based  on what they see and hear

I think therefore it's not even about politics and policies as much as the man is truly vile, abhorrent and the biggest object of ridicule I have personally ever seen/heard.  

So my feeling is that this is just about logic... he speaks like an ill-educated village idiot and bully.. and he acts like it too.. reasoned people see this.. his supporters seem unable to..  that's my feeling anyway.  
      February 5, 2017 1:12 PM MST

What is this about?
      February 5, 2017 10:25 AM MST

Hello Mr:

W
    ell, in ONE instance out of several 1,000, Trump said he LOVES war..  I BELIEVE him..  His handlers said he meant something else entirely..  Here's the words coming out of his mouth..  You decide what he means.

excon

PS>  Have you just NOTICED that Trump lies?? Dude!
      February 5, 2017 10:36 AM MST

Those are alternative facts.
      February 5, 2017 10:52 AM MST

Anyone who says they like war is sick, including Trump.
      February 5, 2017 11:55 AM MST

These are separate statements edited completely out of context.

The "I love war" clip comes from the full quote, "But I'm good at war. I've had a lot of wars of my ownI'm really good at war. I love war in a certain way. But only when we win."

He was clearly not talking about literal war but conflict in a general sense. He was saying he likes to fight. He was saying he will relish fighting for America. He was saying he wants America to win.

The nuke comment comes from Trump talking about the right of Japan to defend itself from North Korea.

--------
    Trump: "It's not like, gee whiz, nobody has them. So, North Korea has nukes. Japan has a problem with that. I mean, they have a big problem with that. Maybe they would in fact be better off if they defend themselves from North Korea."  

Wallace: "With nukes?"

Trump: "Maybe they would be better off — including with nukes, yes, including with nukes."

----------

As always the media is completely dishonest about Trumps statements and you don't look deeper because you jump to the conclusion you wish to reach.

When a president is asked if he is prepared to use nuclear weapons he MUST say yes. If he says yes his opposition will call him unhinged, but the alternative is to show weakness to other nuclear powers. Do you think it's good for Russia to think that the president doesn't have the balls to use them? Don't you think nuclear pacifist statements embolden adversaries? The whole point of nuclear weapons is to act as a deterrent. There is no deterrent unless people think you have the will to use them.

This post was edited by Zeitgeist at February 5, 2017 2:13 PM MST
      February 5, 2017 2:00 PM MST

• Your fetish is astonishing, as too is your inability to see clearly.
    If the media is distorted where are you getting your information from. However much you think you ate the conduit of truth and reason you must be getting this stuff from somewhere. After all, you are not the president of the United States, even if you are talking as if you were privy to something the rest of us don't know.
    How is it that you are not a patsy of the press too. What exclusions fo you have, may I ask.
      February 5, 2017 2:46 PM MST

LOL!!!! I get my information by actually watching the unedited interviews and listening to honest people who do the same. It was on tv. It's not secret insider info or anything.

I just proved that excon's video misrepresents Trump. You can't make a counter argument to anything I said.
      February 5, 2017 3:17 PM MST

• Don't be so sure.
      February 5, 2017 3:28 PM MST

OK, so how about this one:

How should we explain that away ?
      February 5, 2017 4:53 PM MST

Explain what away? This video is simply a discussion about what the best strategy is. If you think Trump has the wrong strategy and favor a more softly softly approach, fine. You're entitled to your opinion. Though don't try to smear him. There is nothing shameful in Trump's policy. They have no right to hospitality. Letting them in is an extreme act of generosity since they contribute virtually nothing and present an economic cost and a security risk.

The west is in a position where it can't effectively vet the people who want to come in. It therefore comes down to a black and white choice. We can let everyone in without proper vetting, or let no one in as a precaution. You are acting like there is a middle ground here. There isn't. If you say let everyone in your position is that foreigner's feelings (not rights; feelings) matter more than U.S. interests. 

I just can't understand why liberals are so sympathetic to Islam. It's literally the most illiberal culture on the planet. They keep women subjugated, they execute gays etc etc, and they're aggressive in spreading their culture to the rest of the world. Allowing significant Muslim immigration as many European nations have done, contaminates us with an inferior and subversive culture that will try to take over if it can. Germany and Sweden are mad and they will be Islam states in a few decades. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at February 6, 2017 1:05 PM MST
      February 6, 2017 12:59 PM MST

I beg to differ here.
    It is not, and should not be about the best strategy to get what you want, it should not prioritize utility over morality, it should not be manipulative tricking people into the action the manipulator want.
    The ban on muslims entering the US is a good example here. It is so stupid that it is an insult to all muslims. Turkey have sofar been a staunch ally of the US, do you think that will continue for a long time after all turks have now been promished an automatic rejection if they apply for a visa? Heck even Bill O'riley from Fox could see how stupid it was, O'riley even tried to explain it to Trump (who did not listen).
    Trumps strategy was fine, he got exctly the ban he wanted, and I bet he is proud of that. Maybe it is more important to him to be 'a smart manipultor' than it is to actually accomplish something worthwhile.
      February 6, 2017 3:16 PM MST

We have had several discussions about your inability to honestly listen and understand what Trump is saying. No, he didn't compare Putin to anyone. He compared Russia to the U.S.. He stated that U.S. has a history of killing too. He did not say the word "evil" or pass any kind of moral judgement. He merely made a "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" style remark. 

---------------------------
    "But, [Putin] is a killer," O'Reilly said.

"There are a lot of killers," Trump responded, "We've got a lot of killers. What do you think? Our country's so innocent?"
    ---------------------------

Are you seriously so naive that you don't realize the CIA has carried out a few black ops? The preachy moralizing about Russia's behavior is complete hypocrisy.

ALL leaders are killers. Every president of U.S. has been a killer. Trump is, or soon will be, a killer too. The world is run by killers. Taking on the presidency is volunteering to shoulder the moral responsibility of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5fiF9S8eQ8

February 5, 2017 11:27 AM MST

To me, it reminds me of high school.  Really, it's a tactic most weak people use.  You know darn well what you heard, but the one saying it tries to say they "didn't mean that" or that "you took that the wrong way".  Uh huh.  

Say what you mean and stick to it.  Most people are hearing what you say correctly!! 
      February 5, 2017 11:31 AM MST

JESUS H. CHRIST!!!We have a administration full of idiots. This post was edited by Zack at February 5, 2017 1:11 PM MST
      February 5, 2017 11:32 AM MST

I do plan to watch the interview. But it is not at halftime. It is going to air during the pregame show on FOX.
      February 5, 2017 2:21 PM MST

I don't bother to listen to what he says.  I listen to his minions who tell me what he means.  Too busy to waste time doing both.

Edit for spelling. This post was edited by SpunkySenior at February 6, 2017 3:21 PM MST
      February 5, 2017 5:43 PM MST