Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Is having blind faith in someone dangerous?

Is having blind faith in someone dangerous?

Posted - February 5, 2017

Responses

• Yes, if it is ill-founded, misplaced.... you do have to be very careful who you place blind faith in 
      February 5, 2017 2:47 PM MST

• Of course it is.  
      February 5, 2017 2:49 PM MST

Duh :) Off course it is risky.

But all too often we need to make a decision NOW. If we question every aspect of every problem then that will take a looong time. By the time we come to a conclusion we will be too old to act on it, or just dead. Or maybe the problem will have solved itself, or been solved by someone else.

IMHO a more important issue is: "How do we decide when it matters, and when it dont?" Is choosing the color of your bathroom wall really such a momentous decision that it HAS to be perfect? Or can we just let the price decide, buying the cheapest can of pant in the shop? Well, maybe it is not that unimportant. There is a balance here, as there is most anywhere else ;-))
      February 5, 2017 3:06 PM MST

• Yes it is , Zack. But you should  always do what I say ...when I say ... Cos I said so ;p 
      February 5, 2017 3:11 PM MST

• Depends on whether you have just given them that faith or whether they have earned it
      February 5, 2017 3:44 PM MST

it probably depends on who youre having blind faith in
      February 5, 2017 4:42 PM MST

• I like Pearl's answer. It depends who is the object of that faith. But "dangerous" is a bit loaded: I'd say that having blind faith in somebody who lets you down would carry more disappointment than danger. Unless, of course, that person was an airline pilot, a taxi driver, or a surgeon. :(
      February 5, 2017 5:53 PM MST

Of course it is. To follow anyone blindly will end up with you not being happy, if not totally screwed. That is not to say you shouldn't put any faith in anyone. You should have people in your life that you have faith in. But people are fallible, and they will make mistakes. If you see them doing something you are unsure of question them. This post was edited by Gatorblu at February 5, 2017 6:05 PM MST
      February 5, 2017 6:02 PM MST

I would think it could be.
      February 6, 2017 3:32 PM MST