Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Has smart phone unsmarted us?

Has smart phone unsmarted us?

Posted - February 5, 2017

Responses

• Perhaps to some extent but I don't think so. We can make ourselves slaves to technology or we can use that technology to free up more of our lives. 

There will always be people who become addicted to the things (we had a female visitor in January who pulled out her phone and played games on Facebook rather than participate in the boring conversation) but I think the problem lies with the user, not with the phones. I find mine very handy. 

And I love your cartoon. 

February 5, 2017 10:06 PM MST

You are right Didge, users get addicted to smart phones, either they are taking selfies or texting or whatsuping or playing games.....ha ha thanks your cartoon is nice too;))
      February 5, 2017 11:15 PM MST

• I was in a major shopping centre today and saw a young woman, aged about 18 or 20, filming herself as she walked through. She was impeccably dressed and groomed, her hair was perfect, and although I probably wouldn't have looked at her twice if she'd been wearing jeans and a t-shirt, she was all class. 

She may have only being doing it for her Facebook page but I thought it was possible she was trying to create her own portfolio with a view to modelling.
      February 6, 2017 2:49 AM MST