Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you ever kissed the Barney Stone?

Have you ever kissed the Barney Stone?

Posted - February 6, 2017

Responses

• LOL why thank you for asking... I thought you'd never ask :P  Yesssssssssssssss I have! Have you? It's a mega cool thing isn't it?  I love the folklore of it all and I do think the Irish do seem to have a certain charm and way about them..
      February 6, 2017 7:16 AM MST

Gotcha...read the question again.
      February 6, 2017 7:28 AM MST

• oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you got me!! In my excitement cos I wanted to brag that I have actually kissed the Blarney stone, I didn't read the question properly!!  To be fair I am very impulsive so dashing through things is something I do a lot, I am sure you will catch me next time too.. 

Can't you post a Blarney stone one just so I can brag?
      February 6, 2017 7:31 AM MST

I like doing that...like my "particle" question. That hooked a few.
      February 6, 2017 7:51 AM MST

• Funny enough I escaped the particle question :P
      February 6, 2017 8:02 AM MST

Do you believe in Cod? Believers tend to see things that are NOT there and non-believers tend to not see things that ARE there.
      February 6, 2017 7:53 AM MST

• I do apologise but what's cod? My problem is excitement and impulsivity, i dash through things top speed and sometimes don't read properly.. often linked to ADHD
      February 6, 2017 8:04 AM MST

Just seeing if I could catch you again like Element did. 
    I tend to do the same but learned that I should read things over more carefully a second time to make sure I got it right.
    One time someone nailed me with the 'Cod' question though -made me feel a bit silly.
      February 6, 2017 8:45 AM MST

• Welll how about this.. I did believe it was a real thing.. I just didn't know what it was, so you did kinda catch me out :) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 6, 2017 9:11 AM MST
      February 6, 2017 9:00 AM MST

I had Cod for dinner a few days ago.
      February 6, 2017 12:40 PM MST

hahahalolol ---- Good thing I read the first reply. Anyway, the Irish have a wonderfully musical lilt in their spoken language and are the most unique people on the planet with their sense of whimsey and with their imagination. If only they could get rid of those occupiers in the North.

February 6, 2017 7:41 AM MST

• lol now now.. if you care to read my stuff on this in the statement or was it hot topics section you would know that it really ISNT and never was that the Brits are occupying anything..the *people* there, Irish people for generations and generations WANT to remain part of the UK, there are a minority who want independence and want to be tied to the Southern half. We don't occupy anything, they have a govt that we helped negotiate that shares power between the TWO HALVES of IRISH - we truly aren't occupying anything.. we were called in when the worse violence was happening..on the behest of the people.. the majority.. 
    I love Americans as you know but it would be true to say that sometimes they are fed a quite different story to the reality.. just saying .. I am happy to chat personally about it if you'd like 
      February 6, 2017 8:08 AM MST

Now Now yourself. Ever hear of Cromwell, the Hitler of his day? He hated Catholics so badly, he slaughtered the native Irish in Ulster and planted the Brit Calvinists in their place. That's why the North to this day is protestant.

If ANYBODY on this planet is fed stories "quite different to the reality" it is the inhabitants of the UK. To hear that charge from the biggest pirate society the world has ever known is laughable. Check your history from 1600 to 1945  when you finally hitched your wagon to the American star.  
      February 6, 2017 11:56 AM MST

test test test -- from April 17 to see how this works at  a later date.
      April 17, 2017 3:52 PM MDT

I can't let you get away with this. It's called the Blarney Stone. Right?
      February 6, 2017 9:01 AM MST

The Barney Stone is just a sham rock.
      February 6, 2017 9:15 AM MST

My bad.
      February 6, 2017 9:25 AM MST

Busted
      February 6, 2017 12:41 PM MST

Hello Chief:

Yes, and we BOTH got hard.

excon
      February 6, 2017 9:18 AM MST

not yet
      February 6, 2017 9:55 AM MST

• No, but I wouldn't mind kissing his sister. 

Years ago Mrs Didge and I were waiting, endlessly, for the start of an event. I got so bored that I said to one of our friends, "I'll bet you $2 I can kiss yoiu on the lips without touching you." She looked mystified but said OK. So I kissed her and handed of the $2. 
      February 6, 2017 12:01 PM MST

I'll have to try that some day.
      February 6, 2017 12:42 PM MST

No, can't say that I have.
      February 6, 2017 3:19 PM MST