Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » When Trump is IN trouble, he does something OUTRAGEOUS. He's IN trouble.. He HAS his finger on the button. If he WANTS to nuke somebody,

When Trump is IN trouble, he does something OUTRAGEOUS. He's IN trouble.. He HAS his finger on the button. If he WANTS to nuke somebody,

Hello,

W
HO is gonna stop him???

e
xcon

P
S>  Please, don't give me the nonsense that Trump NEEDS permission before he shoots..

Posted - February 6, 2017

Responses

• Well that's been a worldwide worry since we heard the awful news that he won... I suspect we Brits are fairly safe but who knows, if Prince CHarles dares to *lecture* Trump on climate change, or Wills and Kate refuse to have tea with him, or someone forgets to put two lumps of sugar in his tea we might be target.. or, more worryingly, if he hits the wrong button by mistake. 
      February 6, 2017 8:43 AM MST

Well I like to think that if Trump has a hissy fit and gives the order to nuke a Country for no just reason someone in the Military will step up to the plate and say no sir we can not carry out that order. Cheers!
      February 6, 2017 9:27 AM MST

Hello N:

That's a nice thought..  It just happens to be absolutely, and unequivocally WRONG.. 

When Trump DECIDES to shoot, there's NOBODY there to ask him WHY.  There's NOBODY there to "reason" with him.  He IS the Commander-in Chief.  In fact, it's the military's JOB to follow his orders, PERIOD.. And, they WILL! 

The reason for that is, it's PRESUMED that the president will launch our nukes ONLY if there are ALREADY nukes IN the air AIMED at US.  Should that BE the case, the president has only 9 minutes to SHOOT or NOT..  There's NO time built in for discussion.. 

excon
    This post was edited by excon at February 6, 2017 9:48 AM MST
      February 6, 2017 9:45 AM MST

If what you say is true, why would it matter who is President? we would have no choice and would retaliate.
      February 6, 2017 9:53 AM MST

Well it's not like he has a big red button on his desk. First he has to get the launch coeds from the person that follows him around - that person or the military personal in the room could say no. Or if Trump does have the coeds he then has to get on a communication line go threw a voice recognition test then give the coeds and order to a person. During the Commander and Chief debate they interviewed that person and asked him what he would do if Trump gave him a launch order and he said - I'm a military man I would carry out the order then strap myself in for a retaliation strike. But even knowing that I still like to think that that person might not carry out the order if he knew in his heart it was totally wrong. Cheers!
      February 6, 2017 11:10 AM MST

i would hope hes not going to shoot
      February 6, 2017 9:41 AM MST