Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » HAS 'FASHION' BECOME JUST PLAIN RIDICULOUS?

HAS 'FASHION' BECOME JUST PLAIN RIDICULOUS?

maybe it's just me.......I'm 75 & have always loved fashion.......read the fashion magazines for years and years..........but in the last few months I've become totally turned off by it all.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I always thought 'fashion' was supposed to make a women look GOOD.........you know, play down any figure faults she had, that kinda thing.

but not anymore!!!!!!

I am totally flabbergasted at what these 'designers' 'decree' is fashionable.

It seems that whatever is the DUMBEST or STUPIDIST looking thing is praised to the sky......the poor ladies wearing this crap look STUPID and not at all lovely to look at!!!

so I guess it's a 'generational' thing, huh?

oh well, most ladies can't afford this stuff anyway, so maybe it's for the better.

Would like to hear others' thoughts on 'fashion'....................

Posted - February 6, 2017

Responses

February 6, 2017 9:04 AM MST

You keep posting from websites that I can't access here at work.  Any chance you could actually write a response?
      February 6, 2017 9:52 AM MST

February 7, 2017 9:12 AM MST

Thanks, but I can't open videos.
      February 7, 2017 11:02 AM MST

LMAO, are you sure you don't want another video?  

(Yes, tongue in cheek). 
      February 8, 2017 12:31 AM MST

• Why focus on women's fashion?  Men's high fashion is equally absurd these days. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 6, 2017 9:52 AM MST
      February 6, 2017 9:07 AM MST

Exactly.  I saw something in the Styles section of yesterday's New York Times that had men dressed in women's fashions from two centiries ago.  I'd be embarassed to be seen with any man that dressed that way.
      February 6, 2017 9:53 AM MST

• NO! Fashion is great. There are many exciting and wonderful fashion trends today!  Some of my favorite are: BUYNG pre-torn and faded jeans, dying one's hair in garish, circus clown colors.  Stabbing rods and rings of metal into one's face. Ear lobes stretched to the size of a half dollar.  Adults wearing pajamas out in public. And best of all, obscenities on T- shirts! This shows intelligence and maturity. Pair this with facial piercing, neck and face tattoos and whoooooie! WOW!! Cool!  
      February 6, 2017 9:16 AM MST

Yikes!  By comparison, I'm utterly boring having only my ear lobes pierced for one earring in each.
      February 6, 2017 9:54 AM MST

No, not boring at all. And by the same token, my 12 ear piercings don't make ME boring in comparison to those who may have more.  Or at least that's how I view it. 
      February 8, 2017 12:26 AM MST

maybe, ive never been much into fashion
      February 6, 2017 9:40 AM MST

Who cares about fashion? I just wear clothes.
      February 6, 2017 12:21 PM MST

You, me and so many others. 
      February 7, 2017 2:04 AM MST

For some reason my previous comment didn't display that it was for Element 
      February 8, 2017 12:28 AM MST