Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » I post because I think it MATTERS. I vote because I think it MATTERS, too.. Are you here to make a difference, or pass the time of day?

I post because I think it MATTERS. I vote because I think it MATTERS, too.. Are you here to make a difference, or pass the time of day?

Posted - February 6, 2017

Responses

I'm here to educate myself and to become more aware that there are a plethora of opinions on various subjects. Not all of them making any sense. This post was edited by Zack at February 6, 2017 4:47 PM MST
      February 6, 2017 10:04 AM MST

• I don't delude myself into thinking slacktivism on Answermug actually has any tangible impact.
      February 6, 2017 10:06 AM MST

Hello Glis:

I
    f I was here slacking off, I'd think the same thing..  But, you sell yourself short.  Sometimes you make a pretty good argument, and you MIGHT even change some minds.   That's a twofer - slacktivism WITH a purpose.

e
    xcon
      February 6, 2017 10:33 AM MST

• Fair enough.  My view of Social Media activism is pretty low in truth.   I think it's mostly a mixture of preaching to the choir and tit for tat arguing. It's caused more division and discord than having any actual positive impacts.  If I was going to utilize the medium though I think a small online community like answermug doesn't have much effective reach to make much difference. The return on investment is just too low with online activism.

February 6, 2017 10:49 AM MST

Hello again, Glis:

That may be your experience.  It's not mine.  In my 20 years of doing this, I have developed a following.  Of course, this isn't my only medium.  I write books..  I write articles..  I write letters to the editor.  I speak to groups.  I take to the streets.  People know me.

I'm glad you're enjoying the site.. But, not everybody is you. 

excon
      February 6, 2017 11:09 AM MST

• Never said  people  were or should be.   That's conjecture on your part.
    You don't know what I do or what I have done.   I don't brag or talk about what I may or may not have done.  Just the same no one knows  if your claims are factual about what you have done or do.

You been posting on Answermug for 20 years?   How? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 6, 2017 11:28 AM MST
      February 6, 2017 11:25 AM MST

Hello again, Glis:

It started with Askme.com.  They went broke.. Then it was Answerway.  I dunno what happened to them.  Then it was Keen.  Then it was Askmehelpdesk.  There were a few more in between that I don't even remember. 

That's MORE of an explanation than you deserve..  Maybe if you had a few accomplishments, you wouldn't have to challenge an accomplished man.

excon
    This post was edited by excon at February 6, 2017 11:36 AM MST
      February 6, 2017 11:36 AM MST

• I don't feel I need to prove myself to egocentric narcissism like this.   I just laugh and mock it like it should be.

So here we go!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You're a Trump.
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 6, 2017 11:40 AM MST
      February 6, 2017 11:38 AM MST

Keep posting Excon, I find your postings interesting, I may not agree with everything but enjoy them,I enjoy Rosie too but she gets upset quickly so I have to go easy on her. Have a nice day
      February 6, 2017 1:04 PM MST

• That would be ironic, no?
      February 6, 2017 11:42 AM MST

I am here due to my predilection for procrastination & avoidance.  
      February 6, 2017 10:29 AM MST

• Everybody is!
      February 6, 2017 11:28 AM MST

Right? I'm always trying to procrastinate, but I keep putting it off, lol!
      February 6, 2017 8:08 PM MST

The site is for fun.  There are other sites for politics.  I come here for fun.  I am not brainwashed.  I think for myself.  I do not nor do I need  to know what anyone's political issue of the day might be. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at February 6, 2017 4:48 PM MST
      February 6, 2017 11:26 AM MST

Hello TM

It IS fun.  I have a great time discussing politics..  We can share, can't we?

excon

PS>  You know how to skip over stuff, don't you??
      February 6, 2017 11:48 AM MST

• I'm here to be titillated and entertained. If I manage to return a little of what I get then I'm satisfied. I'm also here to learn. Today I learned what slacktivism means. :)
      February 6, 2017 11:36 AM MST

• I post to amuse myself, pass a bit of time and to engaging in discussions both serious and not.  Vote? No.
      February 6, 2017 11:39 AM MST

• I'm here to test the theory of subliminal messages which are contained within almost every post I make. Have you been doing anything unusual lately?
      February 6, 2017 12:07 PM MST

• Love it. :D
      February 6, 2017 12:09 PM MST

It doesn't MATTER.
      February 6, 2017 12:33 PM MST

Yes
      February 6, 2017 2:34 PM MST

"The years are rolling by me, they are rocking evenly, now I'm older than I once was, but younger than I'll be - that's not unusual. Though it isn't strange, after changes upon changes, we are more or less the same, after changes - we are more or less the same" - Paul Simon. 

I'm here to relax. Have you ever seen the movie "Beetlejuice"? If you have, you may remember the scene of the dad who's moving his family in to the new house. All he wants is a bit of peace and quiet to read, and watch the birds from the window with his binoculars. But with all of the noise going on from all of the moving, and everybody coming in to interrupt him, he was finding it very difficult. Well, I'm like that guy with Answermug. All I want to do is relax. So that's what I do. 
      February 6, 2017 2:58 PM MST

I'm here to pass the time away. 
      February 7, 2017 1:55 AM MST