Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Is there still a glitch with loading this site/Home page?

Is there still a glitch with loading this site/Home page?

Why isn't the Home page appearing the same, even when I login? I was told there was a problem with a virus two days ago...has that not been resolved?

Posted - February 7, 2017

Responses

No virus. A glitch with notifications was all there was. Your home page has a news feed incorporated and it will be updated on the go. Not sure if that answered your questions.
      February 7, 2017 5:48 AM MST

• It loads up just fine for me. I haven't had any problem other than the glitch that SapphicHeart mentioned. I have some people say they have some problems but that seems to be on mobile devices and almost all of these sites have that.
      February 7, 2017 6:32 AM MST

• I only have a desktop and it is Linux. I had two others previously than ran Windows...received offer for this because it is for the elderly and supposed to be virus proof. Even the "Chat Now" would not load after speaking to SapphicHeart. The only place I could go was the "Chatrooms" but there is no life there.

I could login to blurtit and ihavesolved but when I come back here as soon as I login, it freezes. In addition, after I received a "friend request" from "Joe" that's when the trouble started...coincidence?? I don't remember if I said "Not Now" to his first request but just ignored the second. 

I have "gmailed" JA about this. :-(
      February 7, 2017 8:24 AM MST

• That's what to do! If anyone can help you? She can. 
      February 7, 2017 8:27 AM MST

Hmm... I responded via gmail, but I should clarify, my personal laptop had a virus. There wasn't anything happening with AM. 

answerMug is a very resource-heavy site and we still need to streamline some codes to speed it up. Plus, we do have things like the chat on every page, which slows it down a bit more. So, yes, you may well experience much slower load times with AM than you will on other sites. Speeding up AM is a several month process, so it isn't going to happen overnight. If it's being funky, you may want to  try a hard refresh of the page (shift and the refresh button), clearing your cache (instructions vary by browser), or sticking with a browser we know handles the load well, like Chrome or FireFox. IE is considered a "supported browser," but it's super sensitive to delays, so if you wind up on a page with a lot of images, videos, or other robust media (gifs count too), IE tends to get rather irritable. 
      February 7, 2017 1:28 PM MST

not that i know of
      February 8, 2017 10:21 AM MST

Yes it isn't fixed yet!
      February 8, 2017 11:46 AM MST