Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Do you put any trust in the "cloud'?

Do you put any trust in the "cloud'?

I avoid clouds like the plague.

Posted - February 7, 2017

Responses

No way. Anything can be hacked.
      February 7, 2017 1:58 PM MST

not at all, i ignore them too
      February 7, 2017 2:50 PM MST

Never used the cloud.
    Have no intentions of using.
      February 7, 2017 3:00 PM MST

• Well, look who's here! 
      February 7, 2017 3:04 PM MST

I'm trying!
      February 7, 2017 3:12 PM MST

• Who?  He a good guy? O_o
    Your word is good enough for me.
      February 7, 2017 3:17 PM MST

• We were going to use one for our website but my Tech buddy has better ideas that work faster and cleaner. Like others? We don't trust them that much.
      February 7, 2017 3:04 PM MST

Good. 
    Work faster!!
      February 7, 2017 3:12 PM MST

• Geez! Do you have any idea how much it costs just for a good mobile App? Wow!
      February 7, 2017 3:14 PM MST

Nope I don't. 
      February 7, 2017 3:15 PM MST

• $20,000.00. No problem with the money but the whole site will be expensive. Working on two games right now and when they head for beta testing, then I'll have time to work on it again.
      February 7, 2017 3:17 PM MST

• All you ever hear is how safe and great they are by the supporters but they have been hacked numerous times and things always get lost.
    IDK, the whole concept seemed bad to me from the get go. Has a place but it beiong touted as a place for photos and personal things.   Just don't see it.
      February 7, 2017 3:14 PM MST

• Blurtit is on a cloud server and I can get into it so easy! I'll pass.
      February 7, 2017 3:15 PM MST

• Lol Ooops!

( where's that  Kali boot disc?)
      February 7, 2017 3:19 PM MST

•   February 7, 2017 3:22 PM MST

• Yep love clouds, use them allllllll the time.. really fond of them.. to be honest any one of us that uses hotmail, msn, yahoo, gmail etc email addresses that are webbased that's cloud.. all your emails are kept in the cloud.. 

But i go further.. i have all my lovely documents and photos going back to 1994 stored in the cloud.. 

if anyone wants'ta hack them feel free.. lol i love you all to bits but there seem to be some really paranoid sentiments around and erm I mean NO offence here but I wonder, is this a particular feature of the American psyche? Bit like the conspiracy theory thing..  Americans seem particularly susceptible to it.. .. but perhaps it's a stereotype like when people say all Brits have a stiff upper lip and drink tea all day... we do!  
      February 7, 2017 3:48 PM MST

Why do people call it the "cloud"? Do those who coined the name think we are so stupid we don't see that it's the Internet, pure and simple - that our data becomes saved on some Internet server or other with no real security?

A while ago I tried to learn a CAD programme called "Fusion", and saw almost straight away that its default "Save As" setting for your drawings is the so-called "cloud". I asked a professional IT manager in a manufacturing company developing its own products, if firms like his would allow any such storage for sensitive documents such as their design drawings. He laughed, and said, "Certainly not!". 

I would not use it for anything the least bit sensitive such as financial details. (Neither do I use sites like Facebook, and I am forever having to reset the offered filters on my e-mail service to what I want and not the default BT choose, which would allow all the bl++dy advertising agencies, FB, and the like hangers-on access to me.)

I am not so naïve to think my actions prevent the big IT and advertising-agency parasites from viewing my Internet use anyway, but I try to help them as little as possible!  
      February 7, 2017 5:40 PM MST

• I have some bad shizit in my cloud ;) .... I'm assuming cos I'm not a famous "somebody"  is safe ... Cos I said so :)
      February 7, 2017 7:18 PM MST

• It was pretty foggy this morning, visibility about 2 city blocks, and there was an accident in the village and I had to sit in a traffic jam, and that isn't something we normally see out in the country unless some bales of hay fall off a truck. Stupid land clouds.
      February 7, 2017 7:23 PM MST

Yes. I'm posting something to it right  now after I click the red button.
      February 7, 2017 7:26 PM MST

• I dabble in short story writing and I use Google Docs for anything I write which is a section of the Google Drive. Also, since I have been trying to find a new job, I have my resume uploaded into my Google Drive so that I can access it anytime and anywhere I need it for an application or an email to a potential employer. It makes life more convenient for some things. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 7, 2017 7:32 PM MST
      February 7, 2017 7:31 PM MST

Yes - but you can save your files locally, which is more secure (copied to an external drive too, as insurance against failure of your computer). That's the point I was making: not the convenience of having a file saved for repeated use, but where it is saved. The Internet is not secure even if presents itself with names like Google Drive!

February 8, 2017 2:11 AM MST