Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Maurice214
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » What kind of behavior have you seen or know about animals doing that as an evolved intelligent species we humans do not do?

What kind of behavior have you seen or know about animals doing that as an evolved intelligent species we humans do not do?

Posted - February 8, 2017

Responses

That didn't come out just right, did it?
      February 8, 2017 6:55 PM MST

The species from which I evolved set the pattern for me to follow so if I steal your car what will you do to me ? 
    Kill me and eat me?
      February 8, 2017 7:24 PM MST

• Refraining from developing nuclear and biological weapons.  Restraining themselves from decapitating others for disagreement about specious ideas.  Choosing not to burn each other alive over these same ideas.  And so on...
      February 8, 2017 7:16 PM MST

• "Only kill to survive."
      February 8, 2017 7:17 PM MST

Not all animals kill only for survival.
      February 8, 2017 7:47 PM MST

I believe you are correct.

~
      February 8, 2017 8:14 PM MST

Yes, animals could be just a savage as humans. We're not so different after all. We're all equally terrible creatures. But even terrible creatures are deserving of love and care, as it may make them slightly less terrible. :)
      February 9, 2017 1:08 AM MST

• I gotta' lookin' and you are correct. Another "wive's tale" bites the dust.
      February 9, 2017 3:42 AM MST

• Cats are pretty clever. I've never yet met a human who could clean their genitals with their own tongue.
      February 8, 2017 8:25 PM MST

Hey, wait . . . 

~
      February 8, 2017 8:43 PM MST

There's not a simple or cut-and-dry answer because the average animal species generally acts instinctively within a certain set of parameters, while human behavior takes on a vastly differing array of extremes, which is to say that some humans do things that other humans don't do.

With that in mind, here's my submission: many animals "make a nest" prior to starting a family, and in fact, among some species, the male has to make a home in order to even attract a female.  Some humans, on the other hand, screw "like rabbits" without regard to how or if the offspring will be cared for.

~
      February 8, 2017 8:43 PM MST

Dig cat turds out of the litter box and munch on them. I suppose there are some freakish humans out there that would do that sort of thing, though. Freakishness knows no bounds with humans. In fact, many of the more intelligent animals are kind of psychotic. Perhaps intelligence just allows for a wider range of more twisted behavior.
      February 9, 2017 1:23 AM MST